SAU Community

Low Oil Pressure On Newly Rebuilt Engine:(

Thanks guys. After being down for many days I found another car. The car had the engine tear down and never put back together for ten years. It was stored away in a store room for ten years and never touched. Its a r32 gtr so ill just buy a new oil pan and install it. Then ill install the engine. I have a few questions.

1. Is the stock intercooler better than most ebay units like what I used on my gts4?

2. Whats the widest rims can fit a r32 gtr.

3. Any suggestions on the car as it will still be for drag racing.

Judging by the stain on the driver's seat that R32 used to be a quick car! :laugh:

Sorry to hear about your GTS4 though man, that's not good at all.

Wow. What a bad joke. :lol::lol::lol:

I miss the gts4, but I think it did its purpose. I hadn't talk to my dad in over 3 years and this car brought us together. Now ill miss it but things happen for a reason. Thanks again everyone. Ill do it over with this car. I wanted a gtr for the motor but was stuck with the gts4 and it was quite rusted and required a whole lot more work as I only refurbished the front.

This car need nothing but power.

Oh I will be shampooing the interior soon then those stains will go. If not 2 new seat will help.

:lol::lol: what a joke.

Edited by MJTru

Would you mind posting up some photos of your gtr with those wheels.

Car is at the panel shop getting work finished so they are not on our car ATM but they came off the R32 GTR below, there is a pic inside the sale thread in the first post.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/431823-r32-gtr-parts-te37s-sl-18x105-n1-oil-pump-dry-sump-tank-nismo-260kmh-speedo-high-power-ign-coils/?hl=%2Bte37#entry7192422

Edited by GTRPSI

Both these cars looks amazing. I thought to run drag tires they all had to me the same size but the front looks smaller. I only thought this because the 4wd syatem would get damaged. From what I can remwmber the difference has to be no more than 2 percent. But man does that look good. Think ill go with GTC by volk racing. :D for the street though.

Thanks for all the photos guys we have strayed off topic a little on this thread sorry for that.

Lol. :) I do have one, but I never had the chance to try it out.

But the stock wheels look so good with those MT tires. So I take it that the car is set to full rwd. Because to even have it set to a low percentage of front torque means it will still affect the transfer case clutch disk or the health of the diff. ????

Edited by MJTru

Hmmm. I've always thought that I could have installed a switch to that fuse and have the feature inside.

Ill have a try at my torque split convert first. I notice that it hooks up to the G sensor. It looks pretty simple to install. I wonder what it does to the G sensor to make it 2wd and so forth. Hmm.

Edited by MJTru

If your not pulling the fuse to totally disconnect the front from the rear you must have the same circumferance tyres front and back.

We will also be running M/T Et streets on the stock wheels, TE37SL are for sticky street rubber with a little more life in them than drag radials.

I see. So even the controller wont totally separate the front from the rear.

I have a question here now that we are on the subject. I see some gtr's do a rear wheel burn out and then back up to the line and launch what I believe to be a 4wd launch. How is this done. I've spent some time reading and I've always left confused.

Can you bring some clarity to this question mate. ??:huh:

I see. So even the controller wont totally separate the front from the rear.

I have a question here now that we are on the subject. I see some gtr's do a rear wheel burn out and then back up to the line and launch what I believe to be a 4wd launch. How is this done. I've spent some time reading and I've always left confused.

Can you bring some clarity to this question mate. ?? :huh:

R32 can be put into rwd by pulling a fuse so its easy to fit a switch. R33 and R34 not so but there is a plug you can pull to disable the fwd and you can fit a switch to that. The procedure is a little more complicated than on/off and I'll quote (more or less) from the manual:

Locate the "air bleed" wire behind the drivers kick panel, it's a plug with a single wire either side (usually green socket, white plug).

Disconnect it.

Start car. As key comes back to the ON position, within 10 seconds, depress brake pedal 5 times, 4WD light will start flashing to indicate you are in 2WD mode.

To go back to 4WD mode, turn car off, reconnect plug and off you go.

Some controlers do seperate front and rear, or in other words turn it into permenent RWD when needed on R32 models.

When running in RWD you can have different circumferance tyres front and back.

Problem is when you do try feeding some power to the front, you can never do this when 2 circumferance tyres are used without something binding up due to the diffrent tyre rotation speeds.

So on R32 GTR's you should never do this unless your planning to always stay RWD.

Methods to turn a R32 GTR into RWD are to pull the 4WD fuse or switch the igintion off and on while its rolling or fit a controller and pray no one accidentally switches it back to 4WD if your tyre circunferances are different.

Edited by GTRPSI

Thats some good clear answers guys. The plug you are talking about is the one wire plug that is used to bleed up the system. Thats funny you would mention that because its just a method of tripping the the light that puts the car in 2wd. After bleeding up the system I forgot to plug it back in one day and the light came on after I moved the car from one parking spot to the next.

From reading the instructions I have for my extreme TCS it works best in r32 gtr's and gts4.

The contoller has a dial that goes from 0 to 10. You guys have me excited to use this device. One question. I can go from 2wd to 4wd at anytime using this controller.? Once stopped of course. Plus I never ever run different size tire and dont intend on ever doing so on any of my gtr's, I rather buy 4 new set.

Please look at the attached photos of my controller.

Awesome explanations guys.

post-37293-14050435148341_thumb.jpg

post-37293-14050435289154_thumb.jpg

That controller you have linked a photo of has a 2WD/4WD switch, so is probably wired in the same as most 2WD/4WD switches such as like this tutorial:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/327206-fitting-a-4wd-rwd-toggle-switch-to-an-r32/

You can flick the switch while rolling to go from 4WD to 2WD, but to go back to 4WD you'll need to come to a complete stop for it to reset (once you've flicked back to 4WD of course).

• 2 weeks later...

the M/T et streets will fit on the stock GTR rims...we used 11.5" wide slicks... i'll upload a pic of them when i get home.

Would you mind listing the whole tire size that you guys used. Those are M/T drags ?? Does the car have stock suspension? Edited by MJTru

the car has greddy suspension but its non height adjustable and only adjustable dampening...stockish suspension actually works better due to giving you better squat. i'll get the ladder out and have a look at them...its been over 10 years since we bought them and i can't remember,

the car has greddy suspension but its non height adjustable and only adjustable dampening...stockish suspension actually works better due to giving you better squat. i'll get the ladder out and have a look at them...its been over 10 years since we bought them and i can't remember,

I would really appreciate that. Because I planing on buying a set of those tire to give it a try. Im on stock rear suspension at the moment.

Thanks mate.