SAU Community

Nismo Plenum - Gtr's (Intake Collector Part# 14110-Rsr45)

Sinista32

Nismo Plenum Group Buy

1. This is firstly an EOI for a GB

~ Serious buyers for this Group buy EOI starts NOW and closes 7 May 2012. Think before adding your name in this thread, as it will be the GB thread if we get the numbers. 10 people are required for this GB to Proceed

Group buy will run 8th of May ~ Closing 22nd of May 2012.

~ Details of the Plenum can be found below

~ Nismo plenum as discussed on SAU. If you have a comment put it in that thread please.

~ The Group Buy price being offered is estimated at or under $1800.00, normal RRP is A$1,915.51 landed via ems.

~ I've been advised Perfect Run can do these for $1820 deliverd. I will re-confirm if this is correct.

~ The supplier is expected to be announced shortly when the magic number 10 is reached, and price is firmed up

~ Plenums can be collected from Canberra - or - Delivery under $40.00 freighted to your front door

~ Photo of the Plenum

Image1.jpg

Copied Straight from this link. (It's the sales speak)

FEATURES:

To find the most suitable shape for tuning engines (400ps to 600ps), the diameter and the length of the intake pipe, and the cross section shape of the intake collector was redesigned. The distribution of air to each tube was improved to provide more equal airflow volume, improving torque in the mid-speed range. Improved air intake volume between the pipes of the front and rear sides reduces the difference in air intake temperature on both sides of the turbine, optimizing the air-fuel ratio and ignition timing and providing increased output and fuel consumption. Simple bolt-on installation means that no additional work is required (however, the throttle linkage and throttle sensor must be adjusted).

SPECIFICATIONS:

- Collector volume: 4.1 liter (genuine = 3.4 liter)

- Intake pipe length: 73.8mm (genuine = 48.5mm)

- Intake pipe diameter: tapered from ø 43 to ø 45 (genuine = ø 45)

- Material, production method: cast aluminum

PRODUCT NOTES:

- Intake temperature difference at the entrance of turbo chargers is improved averaging 18% in 2,400 to 7,600 rpm range.

- At 4,800 to 7,600 rpm, power output is increased by an average of 1.8%, while fuel economy is improved averaging 0.4%.

- This product cannot be installed with the engine mounted.

- Installation of this product will change the characteristics of the engine, necessitating adjustment of the engine control unit. Failure to do so very likely will result in damage to the engine.

- The engine improvement figures shown above are based on internal company testing. The actual level of improvement will depend on the engine specifications, conditions of air-fuel mixture and ignition timing, weather and the precision of measurement.

- This product cannot be used with single, large-diameter throttle chambers.

So who's keen?

and please let me know if you can do better and from where :)

Cheers

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GB Members List

1. Terry_GTR-R34

2. Sinista32

3, Sinista32

I expect there are some big builds out there and some nice GTR's that will benefit from this Item.

But maybe not your stockers so much. There's other gear you need before you outlay on this - I understand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our good mates at KUDOS Motorsports have very kindly offerd to help.

KUDOS can supply HKS metal throttle body and intake gasket set. Replacing the paper ones supplied is a must in my opinion.

Usually $132.00 + postage however, with a quantity of 5 or more, KUDOS can offer them to us for $99.00ea + postage.

Thanks to Andrew and crew. :thumbsup:

Yes, I'm very keen.

N.B. Kazu at JapLink 175 Parramatta Rd Haberfield has installed these before whilst the engine remains intact. :)

But what a absolute prick of a job it is. That standard one is no a problem, but with the Nismo you have to hold the plenum/gasket/throttles/gasket on the up together and screw the bolts into the 'balance tube' on cylinders 5 and 6. This is because it fouls on the brake master.

I would rather put a fire out on my face with a fork then do that job again! Having said that, it can be done!

:thumbsup: Thanks Terry.

If you want "in" then let us know QUICKLY.

You will not get a better price for NEW on the NISMO Plenum deliverd to your door.

GB will now CLOSE on 8 May 2012

Next steps

~ Confirm who's in/out

~ Payment details provided via PM

~ Shortly following the NISMO plenums will be Orderd

~ ETA on Delivery may be 6 to 8 weeks or even sooner :D

- Please let me know if you wish to purchase the HKS metal Gaskets when you receive my PM. Highly Reccomended for only an extra $100

(ALL GB information/details will be provided in PM/Email)

ALL thanks goes to elrodeo66 (Marcus) who has been extremely responsive and put the work into making this GB possible.

If you have any thing at all that you wish to buy to modify or fix your Skylines - elrodeo is the go to man.

Group Buy on the NISMO Plenum ~ CLOSED

:thanks: for all your interest folks, and I'll see you in my rear view mirror somewhere down the Track. :thumbsup:

Details will be sent shortly for those who have signed up :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Huge Thanks to Marcus @ M1Racing (aka elrodeo66). A bloody legend.

If you need it at the best price then contact [email protected]

Cheers

S!N