SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Run your ball bearing cores with your new billet TD06s, I'm sure that will turn plenty of eye balls.

That can be done. As long as it increases response without the singing the Dingo bell song like Trent's 2530 then its good :P .

I hope this is the right place and apologies if this is covered in a FAQ somewhere, I couldn't find it. Btw the car is an R34 GTT auto with a stock turbo and Nistune, currently at 200rwkw.

With a power goal of 250-280rwkw, and good response rather than outright peak power, what's the difference between an SS2 highflow and a comparable ATR bolt-on turbo? Pricewise they seem roughly on par and the supporting mods would be very similar, is that correct?

Since its a OP6 R34 turbocharger, standard high flow will get you goal with pretty decent response.

Thanks Stao. Would one of the ATR profiles offer a comparable response? Just in case I wanted to keep the OEM turbo as is for putting things back to stock later.

For this power range on the SS1PU would be a pretty responsive turbo for your application. That generally makes around the 260rwkws mark in a manual, I'm unsure the Auto/Manual trans lose as I haven't had results of it from a Auto yet.

Alternatively you can use the SS2 it is not as responsive, but still reasonable, and I've had two customers making 260rwkws on autos. Reference:

http://www.skylinesa.../page__st__2440

and

http://www.skylinesa.../page__st__4800

This is another interesting point. J-Rod made 340rwhp with his G2.5, and I beat him in all the runs we had.

J-Rod. Get your car to Kwinana, I want a comparison! :P

I actually went to the drags as soon as i got my car tuned.

I dont have the sheets anymore but i believe i was getting a poor 14.4-14.6 (not 13)

I really suck at launching from stand still.

( might not even be that it was a while ago )

Once i get my 255s on the back im going to goto the drags to practice launching for race wars :)

Edited by jay-rod

I actually went to the drags as soon as i got my car tuned.

I dont have the sheets anymore but i believe i was getting a poor 14.4-14.6 (not 13)

I really suck at launching from stand still.

( might not even be that it was a while ago )

Once i get my 255s on the back im going to goto the drags to practice launching for race wars :)

What sort of trap speeds were you getting?

I was walking the car off the line with about 3, 000rpm and was a long way from a launch as I was protecting my clutch and gearbox. Even with 2.3-2.5 60ft times I was still running between 12.9 and 13.5 with 234rwkws from a torqueless RB20. My car is 1335kg plus driver with 15l of fuel.

Why are so many cars with 250rwkws in the mid 14s? Is it the way they make power or torque falls off?!?!?

any one tried to launch in 2nd gear. wouldn't get get rid of the wheel spin in fist and saves gear shifting time?

Basically if you launch hard enough so you dont bog down you light up the tyres hard and if you dont light them up youll bog so doesnt really help.

Why are so many cars with 250rwkws in the mid 14s? Is it the way they make power or torque falls off?!?!?

I can't imagine how people are ending up with those times, as I'd mentioned earlier I let a mate drive my car before it was tuned for more boost (probably making 260-270kw @ hubs with a GT3076R at the time) for a single run after I had pretty much hit a wall for the day at mid/high 12s - he had a stock turbo R33 GTS25t and ended up launching at too low rpm, completely bogged then when it hit full boost it lost traction/revved out like a demon compared to a stock turbo then he had a bit of a freakout going for second and ended up in neutral, took a couple of shots and third then went on his way. That lot still resulted in a 14 flat, which was the only 14 the car ran with the GT30R on it in the 4 years it was on the car.

The rest were 12s, low 13s and the occasional mid/high 13 I did on complete fails - I am curious as to why these are resulting in average times and lower-than-expected trap speeds. Are they internally gated? Perhaps they don't build as much boost on the road as on the dyno or something - like the boost builds more lazily or something?

The rest were 12s, low 13s and the occasional mid/high 13 I did on complete fails - I am curious as to why these are resulting in average times and lower-than-expected trap speeds. Are they internally gated? Perhaps they don't build as much boost on the road as on the dyno or something - like the boost builds more lazily or something?

Mine is externally gated, I believe Luke's is still internal.

Yep, mine is internal with a hybrid lowmount manifold and tomei 256 poncams . watching it lately its making 17psi by 4500 and holding to redline (7500 i think).

You need an SS2. I'm hitting 17 around 3500