SAU Community

R32 Gtr Attesa

I just purchased a r32 gtr and love it. its alot lighter than my buddys r33 gtr and i can feel the diffrence. my question is when i play with it compared to my friends 33 gtr, the attesa seems to act faster and more to the point that my 32 gtr does. is this becouse the software was better in the 33 being a newer car or what. is there a way to upgrade to a better controller to make the attessa react better? what do you guys do?? thanks

you can add extra clutch packs to the front diff, or something like that to make the attessa better, also rear diff mods i believe

Your parts are probably a bit tired :P

Although, i'd be consulting an expert for that as its not something you wanna muck around with unless you know.

yes 32 has 10 times per second update,33 has 100 times per second.

also 33 has the transfer clutch preloaded(no slack)

and no it would be very hard to adapt the 33 stuff into a 32

actually i think its more like 32gtr updates ~4 times per second, 33gtr ~100 times per second, and the 33 V-spec is nearly 1000 times per second :P from what the magazines tell me, that is.

is that update ratio to do with the computer? and can be increased with an Apexi PFC upgrade?. Front torque has never really bothered me, it onlt jumps up with quick accel from the line...my tyres are pretty good and I never step-out and need it to correct me :P

Nope the ECU and ATTESA computer are different. Changing to a PFC wont make any difference to it.

The fact that you only get torque in a straight line is exactly why there are controllers, especially for r32s. With a controller you can dial up torque out of a corner instead of just getting oversteer. Not as much fun but its heaps quicker

would it not be more practical in a drag race situation to run a unit that can hold the torque to one preset amount like the HKS or does the one r31 nismoid react fast enough that it is just as effective. would these units be better than say a r32 gtr vspec attesa controller that is if it will be a direct plugin and if i can locate one. thanks

you are missing the point a little bit. those modules dont replace the attesa they just bend the signals going in and out to get a slightly different effect. they can't make it react quicker. what they can do is give you different amounts of torque split all the time. and alter the way it reacts to certain inputs.

ok i guess that was what i was after was to make it react faster, but i guess if it can not i guess the next best thing would be controlling how much torque is going to the front for drag racing purposes. i am trying to track down a power fc pro to have the soft touch and launch control to help aid the skyline AWD ability. i was told by apexi usa that you can no longer get a pro model, are you guys able to still get them on your side of the pond. thanks again guys for all the tech support i get from this forum without all the HATE of american forums.

Duncan - it appears to me from reading the thread that this only modified the signal when it is NOT at zero.

I am looking for the HKS style, and from boostdesigns comments, sounds like he is too.

For launch, the HKS style will be quickest (no engagement lag), and then the ones that Duncan reccomends (predefined torque split).

once you are up and moving, the HKS style will become a drawback, as you are turning all that extra drivetrain for no reason (plenty of traction). In a straight line, once you have grip, 4wd is a liability (drivetrain and weight).

Of course, if you could quickly switch of the HKS style unit....

Duncan's one sounds like the least amount of bother. dial in 50-50, and when there is no slip it will disengage.

Hey - perhaps you could swap attesa controllers (ha ha ha).

Good luck

of course, while the theory is correct (it'd better be), I cant answer from practice.

My gts-4 is still on a ship (or its somewhere in customs), due this week...

I want to get hold of a HKS style unit (constant) unit when it gets here.

Will search/post then.

Sorry, to throw a spanner in the works, the controllers I can get and most other controllers eg grid dancer, are 0 use for drag racing.

The standard ATTESA computer gives max possible front torque in a straight line under hard acceleration

These controllers only help in corners.

The only controller I know of that will help for drag racing is the HKS drag adapter, which as mentioned dials up a fixed torque split. I am pretty sure it also disables all front torque over a certain speed.

Sorry, to throw a spanner in the works, the controllers I can get and most other controllers eg grid dancer, are 0 use for drag racing.

The standard ATTESA computer gives max possible front torque in a straight line under hard acceleration

These controllers only help in corners.

The only controller I know of that will help for drag racing is the HKS drag adapter, which as mentioned dials up a fixed torque split.  I am pretty sure it also disables all front torque over a certain speed.

That is exactly what i am looking for Duncan. does anyone know where you may be able to source one of these units from???i tried all google searches and most race shops dealing with HKS with no luck. thanks