SAU Community

R34 Gtt Bilstein & Whiteline Suspension

Sydneykid

So you guys have heard from Matt??

yeah, as i was saying a few posts back... if there are supply issues from Germany, unfortunately it can take a while. Basically something along the lines of they won't make SK's shocks specifically, they have to like tack on the order onto a bigger order. SK did mention something about it near the beginning of the thread.

Sorry you guys had to run into the Bilstein issue

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah, as i was saying a few posts back... if there are supply issues from Germany, unfortunately it can take a while. Basically something along the lines of they won't make SK's shocks specifically, they have to like tack on the order onto a bigger order. SK did mention something about it near the beginning of the thread.

You mean they won't send SK his shock order as it is not big enough?

Then does that mean all Bilstein Skyline shocks come with SK's specs from Germany? even though they may not be sold through SK? e.g. through other Bilstein suppliers such as Fulcrum/Quadrant/Heasmans?

Well, the following parts were missing from my order:

KCA348 Front Camber kit $183.00

KCA347 Rear Camber Kit $123.00

KCA349 Rear Subframe alignment kit $105.00

Not sure if the supply issues from Germany would affect me..

Plus i was given part KCA332 instead of KCA331 thats listed in the first post - can anyone confirm whether im supposed to get part KCA331?

I ordered to full kit and paid in May, didnt get my parts until July only to find out im missing a few parts. It is now September and i have not received any form of communication from Matt or Gary...its getting ridiculous. Its funny how before i paid i had no problems getting replies from Matt/Gary, but as soon as i pay then all replies ceased...

If anyone has any contact numbers or emails for Matt/Gary, could you please PM me

I'm not sure why you keep mentioning 'Sydneykid's bilstein specs' ... the shocks from what I understand are just the normal Bilstein shocks. What Sydneykid does is, he orders the extra circlip groves so that the car can be lowered and provides some specs that you should aim for with the help of caster/camber kits and wheel alignment...

I don't think there's anything special about the shocks themselves though, someone correct me if i'm wrong.

On another note, can all the people still waiting for their goods please contact me by PM?? I'd like to know just how many people are in the same situation now and what was the excuse you were given?

I was told (mid august or so) that the delay was due to "Bilstein engineer was on holiday for 2 weeks" which sounded like a really stupid excuse that made no sense to me. So I'd like to know what excuse everyone else has been given, if any.

I'm running out of patience and WILL take this guy to court unless I get my money or the product soon or atleast some sort of reliable ETA.

Edited by Delta Force

sorry, i got things backwards a bit. They are probably a 'not ordered much' bilstein shock, whatever the model # that fits the R34, but then i think an engineering company here Oz re-valves the shocks to SK's specs. I can't be assed, but it's somewhere near the beginning of the thread. I think that's how it works. so normal shocks from germany, then revavled in oz

so, no, i don't think you can get these shocks anywhere else in oz

sorry, i got things backwards a bit. They are probably a 'not ordered much' bilstein shock, whatever the model # that fits the R34, but then i think an engineering company here Oz re-valves the shocks to SK's specs. I can't be assed, but it's somewhere near the beginning of the thread. I think that's how it works. so normal shocks from germany, then revavled in oz

so, no, i don't think you can get these shocks anywhere else in oz

I have heard otherwise from other sources.

Can Gary/Matt confirm this?

Are the shocks delivered these days from Germany already valved to your specs? just simply circlip grooved here?

I understand that a few years back they used to get revavled here in Australia when delivered from Germany. However, now all Bilstein R34 (and probably most Skyline ones) shocks sold in Australia come valved to your specs as they come in.

Thanks vidospace.

I've spoken to Matt, looks like my order is ready they're just waiting for the shocks which should be in this week hopefully.

Now that wasn't so hard .. that's all I wanted, to speak to someone and find out what's going on rather than be ignored for weeks and weeks.

We are currently suffering from out of stock on some springs, some alignment products and some shocks absorbers, which is holding up about 20 deliveries, some for over 6 weeks. So we haven't been taking new orders, it's not fair on the guys who are waiting on their stuff. Springs are gradually arriving, they are made in Europe, so delivery takes time. The bush production is getting back on stream after the amalgamation of the Noltec and Whiteline alignment products, the new combined range is called Whiteline Plus. Some are due this/next week. That leaves us with a few kits that will be waiting on selected Bilstein part numbers. I am on the suppliers case daily as many of the guys are, understandably, getting impatient and they send multiple PM's every day, this fills up the inbox faster than we can reply.

It's a temporary situation caused by a number of unrelated issues, once we are passed that we will take some new orders. The bonus is there are a number of new and improved products that we will be able to include in the various Group Buys.

Cheers

Gary

Hey mate, couple of questions u might be able to answer.

I have a R34 GT-four, I brought nismo front and rear sway bars (R34 GTT), the rear fits fine but the front seems too big for the clamp that goes around the bush. Would i need a R34 GTR sway bar, or could i use a whiteline sway bar?

The front has R33 GTR cusco caster arms, and looks like GTR lower control arms.

Also the rear subframe alignment kit, what are the bushes made of?

Thanks Luke

• 2 weeks later...

The shocks are apparently "trickling in" so they get one set every week or so. There are 3 or 4 people still waiting on R34 suspension including myself.

Deltaforce has recieved his stuff now which is good news. And apparently I am next on the list

:P

Hey Sydneykid, not sure if you remember me and our tlaks about my RB26DETT build in my Silvia, well that project is still in the making but I have since sold my S15 daily and bought an R34 GTT. It came in about a month and a half ago and I want to change out somt suspension stuff on it for new items. Can you give me some advice on how I should set it up? It is my daily and I may once in a while hit the strip, but my main purpose is to have a streetable setup that can corner well and have good traction. It came equipped with Nismo Coilovers and Nismo front tension rods, everything esle seems stock at the moment. I have been searching and came across your thread with the GTT bits. What you recommend and can you send me prices of items shipped to me. I have a slight noise that I have to check on the left rear side when going over bumps, sounds as if sometihngis loose, I am hoping maybe a slack coilovers top or maybe the rear subchassis bushings. I am thinking about dropping the entire rear end and replacing all bushings on the diff and the four rubber bushings and also upgrade the bars one time. Let me know what you recommend and prices shipped to me in Trinidad in the West Indies. My address is below for shipping,

Jason Jagdeo

c/o Citibank trinidad and Tobago Limited

#12 Queens Park East

Port-of-Spain

Trinidad, W.I.

TT.

Thanks,

Jason.

I tried Pming you but your inbox is maxxed so I just pasted it here, sorry.

just wanted to say that Heasmans are a bit of a rip off when it comes to installation of these kits .. I was charged close to $1000 for installing the shock, caster kit and camber kit (he said 8 hours??) and nothing else (not even springs) on an R34 GTT and they didn't even get the height correctly because both my front and rear are the same height now when the front is supposed to be 1cm higher...