SAU Community

Windscreen Series 1 Stagea

beastien

Just wondering if anyone knows if anyone is carrying replacement windscreens for series 1 stagea, mine was all scratched from the wiper blades when it came from japan.

Or does one of the skyline windscreens fit?

Beastien.

Welcome to the longest 4 months of my life. I got 2 massive stone chips 3 days after i bought my Stagea. The stagea windscreen is different to skylines, but does look similar. it took me about 4 months and cost $850 to get it from Japan. another former owner (CoolPC) ordered it for me as he was getting a few as well. I spoke to Nissan and they said it'll be about $1100 for one.

So all in all it's expensive, and will take a while to get one. You will need a specific WGNC34 windscreen, and also make sure you quote your VIN number. There are apparently 16 variations of the windscreen according to Nissan

Well thats a bit of a shock, I've heard you can get windscreens polished, does anyone know if this is true? and if so where i could get it done?

Besides the scratches it doesn't have any chips or cracks, and i was hoping to avoid having to replace it, specially now i know how much it's gonna cost :wub:

Cheers,

Beastien

I got 2 HUGE stones in my screen the other day, and just thought, THANK GOD I paid the extra $14 for windscreen coverage on my comp insurance :D

Going to call them shortly, see what the proceedure is :P

EDIT: Called up and is simple as taking it to my nearest novus or Windscreens OBrien and it'll be replaced free of charge. So I'll ask them how hard it will be to source one :)

I got 2 HUGE stones in my screen the other day, and just thought, THANK GOD I paid the extra $14 for windscreen coverage on my comp insurance :blink:

Going to call them shortly, see what the proceedure is :D

EDIT: Called up and is simple as taking it to my nearest novus or Windscreens OBrien and it'll be replaced free of charge. So I'll ask them how hard it will be to source one :)

Who are you using for insurance??

Ian

Both Terminal and I moved heaven and earth here in OZ to try and source a windscreen. The only options are import or Nissan.

Importing is really only worth it if you get 2 or more windscreens. Oh, of course you could also get one "made" but that'd set you back around 3 grand...

Well the guys at Novus were great, told them it was covered under insurance and they said sure, we'll just order one from nissan and give ya a ring when it gets here, :)

Both Terminal and I moved heaven and earth here in OZ to try and source a windscreen. The only options are import or Nissan.

Importing is really only worth it if you get 2 or more windscreens. Oh, of course you could also get one "made" but that'd set you back around 3 grand...

I don't think that's quite right.

When I went hunting for one a couple of years ago for my skyline - which has a bit different windscreen that the two door - I found a place in QLD that made them pretty much to order once they had one that they could use as a template. At the time they were just about to start making R34 4 door ones, but I ended up not needing it so didn't procede.

I sugest you ring and ask them about the stagea - ring

"moran windscreens" 07 5591 7242

Price quoted to me at the time was less than a grand.

The other place to try is NZ - it was cheaper than getting one from Japan when I was looking around. Try "national auto glass suppliers" on (0011 64) 9 634 17 88.

Let me know how you go.

Ian

just got my screen fixed at mr windscreen in geelong i told him about the trouble you guys were having getting a replacement and he looked in his book they were listed as aftermarket replacement for around $175

Well the new screen just went in.

So the story is, called up Novus @ Burpengary (Northside of Brisbane) and it took 2 days to arrive from their glass supplier to them and it went in today. It would've gone in sooner but just couldnt arrange a time that suited my fiance to take it in.

When I asked about the costings for it was told that it was about on par and comparable to other commodore/falcon average prices. They werent allowed to tell me exact as per Unique Car Insurance instructions.

Other than that it all was a pretty simple process :)

Does that mean that someone is making an aftermarket replacement for the series 1 stagea?

I rang around an nobody had any listings for it or had even heard of it.

Any information would be appreciated.

Beastien.

Well novus said it was not that hard to find, thier glass supplier had them in stock I can post up Novus at Burpengary QLD's phone number if you want, or just use www.whitepages.com.au to look them up.

Pics of my old screen:

DSCF1216.JPG

DSCF1217.JPG

DSCF1218.JPG

DSCF1219.JPG

DSCF1220.JPG

DSCF1221.JPG

Yeh my windscreen looks pretty bad, no big stone chips, but even after a wash there are white specs everywhere...

When im driving along and hear a stone hit it and make a *ching* noise, i say in my brain "CRAP!"

BTW, probably a lot easier to get stagea windscreens in QLD then the rest of Aus as stags a been around there a lot longer, and surly some company (as is apparent) saw there was some money to be made.

Called Novus at Burpengary, said he can get replacements for the stagea, bout $200 cost, fitting is extra. Just a bit cheaper than an original.

Apparently he gets them from NAGS (National Auto Glass Suppliers).

Any Windscreen Business should be able to get one from them.

Saw the new screen on the weekend and it is nice, not much to say about it, yeap it's glass, yeap I can see through it :D

One thing it has got that the old one didnt is a couple of inches of blue tint at the top, but I think every screen I have seen in AU has it, but still, cant complain for free :)

Got some pics will post tonight when I get home from work :P

• 2 years later...

just for the record. windscrean obrians have stagea windows now. i had to tell them the year of my car and they knew it was a S2 c34... front window was 440ish. and rear was 840 both fitted... i didnt go this option for obviouse reasons. however they will fit and life time garuntee the job for 194$... hope this helps some of you.