SAU Community

Recessing Clutch Booster Pics

StageZilla

ok i thought id start a new topic so everyone doesnt miss the post and ask it in the future, as the manual conversion one is dragging on with alot of useless posts :)

so i got the motor out and i got in the bay and took some shots of it properly, and notice how far in the booster is. its 40mm and that still allows access to get the filler cap off and on easy, and on inspection of a 260rs it has the same amount of the booster reccessed and sits in exactly the same spot.

any q's just ask :P

cheers

Brad

post-20455-1126521267.jpg

post-20455-1126521359.jpg

post-20455-1126521412.jpg

I must say, your work looks PRO

I hope that i can do similar with the engine still in, will have to remove the brake cyl though..

What did you do regarding the lines between everything? Did you get custom made lines? Specifically about the steel lines, did you just take the ones from the GTR?

Also, where did you mount everything else that you listed in the manual conversion thread??

Thanks heaps!

I must say, your work looks PRO

I hope that i can do similar with the engine still in, will have to remove the brake cyl though..

What did you do regarding the lines between everything? Did you get custom made lines? Specifically about the steel lines, did you just take the ones from the GTR?

Also, where did you mount everything else that you listed in the manual conversion thread??

Thanks heaps!

cheers for comment on workmanship :0 just cause its done at home doesnt mean its not done right, we got all the gear that a mechanic shop has and only thing we aint got is a hoist :)

well i still havent got a vacuum canister made up for vacuum when its on boost, so i aint mounted that yet, but it doesnt need this and i didnt notice any issue driving it, though clutch is heavy and im not sure what difference it will make when hooked up, ill keep ya's posted when its back on the road :P

the metal line is same as a gtr and its got a black metal bracket that it clips into under the car on the chassis rail (just visible in the pic) and that came with the kit

i got a couple of not so good pics of the mounting of the pedal box, they are abit blurry and distorted but still usable :D

1st and 2nd pic is looking up towards the sky from the pedal area under the dash :) unfotunately the carpet underlay is in the way to see the recessing of the booster properly.

3rd is looking at the top of the pedal box (towards the pedals) and the mountings i used are from the old footbrake assembly, and as u can see we welded a tab off the left side of the pedal box and drilled a hole in it to use the stock mountings :) (dash was off for this pic)

4th pic is showing how close the clutch booster sits to the brake booster, its not possible to get the clutch booster out without removing the brake booster (or at least losening the bolts off to pull it out to get the clutch booster from behind it)

thats about all the pics i got worth showing at the moment, ill take some better detailed ones of all the bits when i get a spare 5 min daylight :)

hope it helps

Brad

post-20455-1126524540.jpg

post-20455-1126524904.jpg

post-20455-1126524997.jpg

post-20455-1126525318.jpg