SAU Community

Stagea Brakes

Sydneykid

Which rear twin piston calipers run the 14mm bolts as against the 12mm R33 rears.

I tried to swap the R33 calipers to the rear of my M35 & found the bolts too small. (12 >14mm) Looking for a cheap upgrade for the rear brakes.

Are the R34 GTR rears running the 14mm bolt ?

Which rear twin piston calipers run the 14mm bolts as against the 12mm R33 rears.

I tried to swap the R33 calipers to the rear of my M35 & found the bolts too small. (12 >14mm) Looking for a cheap upgrade for the rear brakes.

Are the R34 GTR rears running the 14mm bolt ?

I think someone on the forum makes a sleeve for the bolt so that they can run other brakes?

I make the sleeves, but that won't help you run the 33/34 rears on your M35, they have a different spacing and won't fit without an adapter bracket. Either just run the fronts, with the stock rears, or find some 350z Brembo rears, as they bolt on.

Hello everyone I'm selling my Brembo brakes they come off a 350z so they bolt straight onto the m35 they come with brand new dimpled and slotted rotas and brand new bendix brake pads for 1300 if you have any inquiries don't hesitate to contact me on 0412638517

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in the process of installing R34 front calipers coupled with 300mm DBA Rotors.

The standard M14 bolts off the stagea fit but were only grabbing 1/3 of the thread so I ordered R34 bolts.

When fitting the calipers up I noticed the were fouling on the front of the rotor.

I believe I am missing the spacers that slip over where the bolts fit.

I'm in the process of installing R34 front calipers coupled with 300mm DBA Rotors.

The standard M14 bolts off the stagea fit but were only grabbing 1/3 of the thread so I ordered R34 bolts.

When fitting the calipers up I noticed the were fouling on the front of the rotor.

I believe I am missing the spacers that slip over where the bolts fit.

have you got a pic? do you just mean the bolts are too long and go through the hub and then all the way to the disc? If so, replace with a shorter bolt (any bolt shop should have something to match, even Bunnings might), just make sure it is grade 8.8 or higher

have you got a pic? do you just mean the bolts are too long and go through the hub and then all the way to the disc? If so, replace with a shorter bolt (any bolt shop should have something to match, even Bunnings might), just make sure it is grade 8.8 or higher

Having trouble loading pics atm, bolts I have are fine in length.

The part that is fouling on the Disc is the inside/front of the Caliper where the disc feeds into it.

There is like 5mm clearance for the disc when I mount the calipers.

I'm starting to think I have mismatched the discs.

? 5mm clearance is not fouling!

Hey Bob, I just re-read my previous post.....5mm should be plenty 2.5 mm either side, if the rotor was centered with the caliper, but thats not what I'm getting.

The inside face of the caliper hits the front face of the rotor, it doesn't sit centered like it should.

All the pics of R34 calipers I have found dont show any type of spacer like the standard stagea calipers. The spacer fits between the hub mount ahd the caliper where the bolts fit.

Anyways, gonna give it another try this week end, maybe I don't have the rotor pushed in far enough, I'm thinking if I fit the wheel and tighten the wheel nuts it will bed the rotor as far in as it will. Remove the wheel and try fitting the caliper again.

Yep it really sounds like you have the wrong disc for the caliper, ie the offset of the disc to the hub is incorrect.

If it is out by a mm or 2 and I couldn't return/replace the discs I would space it out with a washer (in fact the d2 kits come with shims for that purpose)

Yep it really sounds like you have the wrong disc for the caliper, ie the offset of the disc to the hub is incorrect.

If it is out by a mm or 2 and I couldn't return/replace the discs I would space it out with a washer (in fact the d2 kits come with shims for that purpose)

Thanks Duncan, I originally thought about doing this but the washers I had were way too thick.

I'll have another dig around in my 'random stuff' box and see if I can find some thinner washers to suit & hopefully post up some pics for good measure..

OK, so I have confirmed I have the incorrect rotors for my caliper set up.

I was originally told the calipers were R33 calipers and with this info ordered rotors to suit.

I have since found out that the bolts are M14 indicating they are R34 calipers........DAMMIT

The rotors are at best 300mm x 30mm - the pads only partially cover the disc.

I need 310mm x 30mm, time to dig out the invoice and see if I can return them and swap them out for the correct rotors.

Very frustrating seeing as the stagea has been on stands for over 2 months now, I just want this done so I have a car while I get the mazda's issues sorted.

Looking like at least another week before I get this sorted