SAU Community

How to: Anodize your brake calipers

since i cant offord big flash new brakes i decided to dress up my crappy old calipers, i went and bought some dupli-color, metalcast anodized paint, i selected blue took it to the counter and the guy told me i needed the proper primer for it, i thought he was just tryin to scam me, but you do actuly need it to create the shinny reflective anodized look, i painted them and they turned out really good since my rim's have already got anodized blue in them they matched really trick, it is heat proof specificly for calipers and rocker covers ect ect, im gona do my valve cover also so ill let yas know how it turns out, but its really goot for dressin those dull parts up,

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that looks cool! You did a gr8 job.

Im gonna do mine either gold or red one of these days.

Hopefully they'll turn out as good as urs did.

cheers man, i had them a flat blue before, but was so dull, it comes in red gold green, heaps of sick colors, all i did was give them a sand down till was smooth, then got mag cleaner to get all the brake dust of, then just prepsol, left them to dry, 4 coats of silver primer, 4 coats of blue, just one thing, make sure you get all the brake fluid out of the caliper cos it can oozz out 1/2 way through and wreck it, and also becarful the brake line is clean when reattatchin it,

should i be taking the calipers off ?? or did you just cover the brade pad thingy at the top ?

so you sprayed it with primer heaps, then the actual paint ?

How many cans did you go through to do the front 2 ?

Now the question is.. what color do i want to do em ? my cars black with white wheels.. Im not good with decisions :D

should i be taking the calipers off ?? or did you just cover the brade pad thingy at the top ?

so you sprayed it with primer heaps, then the actual paint ?

How many cans did you go through to do the front 2 ?

Now the question is.. what color do i want to do em  ? my cars black with white wheels.. Im not good with decisions :D

yeah u take them of completly, i went through 1 can of primer stuff, one can of blue for the frount, and still got enough for a 3rd i recon, with ya car i recon a gold would look ok, whatever ya color scheme is, i recon black and green go ok too, but dono if they will suit the white rim

sorry for being anoying :)

if the take the caliper off, is it easy to put back on.. like there wont be any alignment issues etc etc ?

na mate just 2 bolts and the brake line, then to put back on just seperate the pads, and put bolts and line bak on, that easy, then bleed ya brakes all good

They look great, they're a lot shinier than my blue calipers. When I did mine I used VHT brake paint & finshed with a glossy top coat.... but, I want yours dammit :) . I might have to try this dupli-color metalcast anodized paint when I do my rocker/ cam covers.

They look great, they're a lot shinier than my blue calipers. When I did mine I used VHT brake paint & finshed with a glossy top coat.... but, I want yours dammit :rofl: . I might have to try this dupli-color metalcast anodized paint when I do my rocker/ cam covers.

yeah its a wiked paint, they turn out soooo dope, and i think its cheaper then normal stuff, i had that cull vht crap b4 but this is the stuf ya want

is there a silver anodised color?

where did you get this paint from?

steve

autoone in cannington, yeah pritty sure they had silver, the primer is a silver anodized anyways, but go check them out, i guess any autoone store,

how did you leave the nissan writing un painted?

just got white paint and did them with a brush, took time got them near on perfect becarfull not to put to much paint on bruch or it floods everwere over the nissan and beyond

oo, very nice.. i wanted to do mine anodized blue with white letters (white car, white rims)

will have to get onto it when the car is off the road!