SAU Community

What oil filter?

replicate

Alternatively, if you would like to use a smaller filter to reduce the time it takes build oil pressure at cold start.....and because it makes it easier to service. You can use the ryco Z386. They fit on perfectly and give a little more room when changing them.

They flow plenty, they are used on engines such as the 2JZGTE supra engine.

Hey replicate,

All RB Series Engines use the same oil filter, following are part Numbers:

Genuine: 15208-H8911AU

Ryco: Z145A

Hope this is some help,

Andrew

RB25DET NEO's use a different one, the same as GTiR's i believe.

Edit: Here it is, NEO's use Z442

Alternatively, if you would like to use a smaller filter to reduce the time it takes build oil pressure at cold start.....and because it makes it easier to service. You can use the ryco Z386. They fit on perfectly and give a little more room when changing them.

They flow plenty, they are used on engines such as the 2JZGTE supra engine.

Ryco website lists Z418 as the applicable filter for Supras...

But, this site lists their HD-05 product as a repalcement for all of these Rycos: Z82,Z125,Z145A,Z158,Z386,Z418, so they'd all fit, whether they're all up to the task is another matter...

They are certainly up to the task........especially if you service your car at the appropriate intervals...........large filters are only good if youplan to service your car after very long periods (bigger filter will hold more crud than a small one)

BUT the smaller filter will help your engine gain oil pressure quicker on cold start.

Next time i'll try the smaller one.

I'm due for a change, wont happen this weekend but probably next, and I'm think I *might* give it a go. I'd rather not buy a Ryco so only if there's a better brand offering Z386 equivilants.