Who are you insured thru?

Sk0pe

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HBF every time!!! theyve insured all my imports excellent service and cheap cheap!! my stag fully comp just shy of $600 a year not bad for a turbo import ... my 300zx TT was the same and my 180 and silvia were a lil more cos they were the first cars i insured with them.

When my 180 got broken into they were awesome ... got it sorted in a day =)

im with just cars im 99% sure and with a rb25 its $1000 a year for 21 year old with 65% no claims and garage storage etc, and for the rb26 engine without increasing the value (insured for 19K) its $1100 a year instead, not bad i dont reckon. wait till i mention i want to up the value to 30K or something and then we shall see what they charge.

cheers

Brad

Tried to contact HBF - Health Benefit Fund. They are WA based and wont cover any cars registered outside WA.

If I wasn't living in God's own state I would think about moving..

Oh well, life wasn't meant to be easy - just sunny...every day.

CruiseLiner,

If you have any dramas insuring it for $30K, PM me :D

hey mate, do u happen to work at just cars? i've actually spent around 35k on the car in the past 6 months (thats just parts, not the car itself, not the rb26 engine conversion, and not labour)

how would i go about getting it valued for more than that? its getting out of control and last thing i want is it getting stolen and losing 30K worth of gear cause its only insured for 30K, 30k wouldnt even cover a stock rb26 conversion at all, let alone the engine build, brembo brakes, susp, etc etc.

any info appreciated

Brad

Any one after;

Agreed Value

Choice of Repairer (lifetime guarantee on those repairs)

Pay by the Month (at no extra charge)

Free Windscreen cover

Blanket cover for modifications

Professional driving course cover

21yo+ with a relatively clean driving record

PM me for a comprehensive quote :D

yeah PM him, this guy is really good and he will look after members of SAU!

and mate, i will be in touch with you soon for my policy. cheers

Gday Brad,

You may, or may not, remember me. I came and looked at your VL Calais when you were selling it!

I work for Shannons Ins, Im unsure as to our Just Cars would go about insuring your Stagea for $30K+, but I can tell you now, that that value wouldnt be a problem with us especially after reading about your build up so far.

Gday Brad,

You may, or may not, remember me. I came and looked at your VL Calais when you were selling it!

I work for Shannons Ins, Im unsure as to our Just Cars would go about insuring your Stagea for $30K+, but I can tell you now, that that value wouldnt be a problem with us especially after reading about your build up so far.

arrh k, no sorry i dont remember u exactly, had lots of lookers for the VL in the end, and how do i go about value, is it the reciepts u have for brand new parts added up or what?

ill definately be in contact when i get it running again :D

• 1 month later...
is price the single only issue when looking for insurance?

Nope,

Reputation & Service, Shannons wasn't the cheapest quote I got but I went with them as they did give me a better deal, agreed value, extras and cover for additional items (at no extra cost), excess is also an important issue, you don't want your car insurance to be like private health cover and be left with massive gaps if you need to call on it! (I sound a liitle too much like the TV ad now)

Cost is the most important thing, until you need to make a claim... then you want the other stuff to kick in big time I'd say!

Speaking as a policy holder and not having made a claim.

Luke

Great to hear your happy with the cover Luke, and Im happy to continue helping SAU members where I can.

I guess you never really appreciate your insurer and the cover they offer until you find yourself making a claim.