SAU Community

Faq: Apexi Powerfc - Frequently Asked Questions

paulr33

yeah what he said^^ fc tune doesnt seem to be available, and i read copilot isnt very good..But it would do, as im not doing any tuning really just need it for basic map switching..

I have searched and found numerous DLs ..but nothing that wants to work..I thought there was one on your site but if there is i cant find it..

I been searching for 4 days man..

i downloaded co pilot but dont have datalogit cable so can only load the software and look @ it

do you have the datalogit software and cable

Was going to get the HAKO cable, which i beleive would work with copilot...

EDIT there was another DL here from 2003 that i attempted but cant open HD1 file yet ..not even sure if its right..

Edited by Arthur T3

Have a power Fc now and wanted to test to see if it works.

Plugged in and initialized.

All seems good except "Engine Check Light" was on throughout the power on.

Is this a problem undiscovered by my Remapped access auto (blitz) ecu or a problem with the power fc?

Thanks

if all your doing if putting ignition on but not starting i think that's correct you should get all dash lights warning and not

Sorry, my mistake.

I meant, ignition on, reset the power fc, then turned ignition off, then back on all the way to start the car.

Then the engine warning light remained on and the others turned off.

ok so that would possibly mean inlet temp sensor has a fault

i have a GTR pfc in a GTS4 platform and i get that light on all the time due to not having inlet temp sensors

Have a power Fc now and wanted to test to see if it works.

Plugged in and initialized.

All seems good except "Engine Check Light" was on throughout the power on.

Is this a problem undiscovered by my Remapped access auto (blitz) ecu or a problem with the power fc?

Thanks

the engine check light (orange engine icon) comes on when a stock sensor is out of range, disconnected, fault or broken

view the sensor that is causing the issue by looking at ETC, SENSOR SW CHECK and look for a sensor with a black highlighted name

of course if you had have read the PFC FAQ on page 1 you would have known that already

on cars such as R32 and RX7 they do not have an engine check light (orange icon) and use the exhaust overtemp light instead (red CAT icon)

so if you have HR32 then its the same deal, the light is used to advise you of a stock sensor out of range, not working or mangled

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know the standard PowerFC settings for the Acceleration Enrichment, for the RB25DET?

Mine have been changed, so I'm wanting to know the standard settings to compare.

In electronics, fall time (pulse decay time) \scriptstyle t_f\, is the time required for the amplitude of a pulse to decrease (fall) from a specified value (usually 90 percent of the peak value exclusive of overshoot or undershoot) to another specified value (usually 10 percent of the minimum value exclusive of overshoot or undershoot). Limits on undershoot and oscillation (aka, ringing or hunting) may need to be specified when specifying fall time limits.

• 2 weeks later...

Paul,

Have you ever had any problems with the hand controller giving false readings or causing the car to knock

Mine got looked at today and on datalogit its fine on the map watch, Knock was fine

But on hand controller I get high readings at the same load points

Have you heard/experienced anything like this before?

Thanks

covered in the PFC FAQ

the datalogit and hand controller should not be used at the same time. this is because they share the same bus and bandwidth from the powerfc

that is, each data cycle may be missed by one and the other. so cycle 1 knock of 40 daalogit see's it, but hand controller doesnt, cycle 2 hand controller see's it and datalogti doesnt

its fine to use both to just play around etc

but if you are logging and tuning you should only use at at a time, and not both as it's a shared bus and was never designed for dual devices reading data at the same time

Thanks Paul

It seems to go a bit deeper then that though, when logging individually with both items I'm still getting more Knock on the hand controller then in datalogic. It got looked at yesterday and my tuner said it looks good, plenty of fuel and the timing is not as far as it could be. Datalogit is showing everything is fine, just when the handcontroller is in I get knock at random times. Ive got nothing plugged in at the moment and havent seen my engine light flash to indicate high knock levels since.

I'm thinking the hand controller might just be a bit funny. The main points it seems to be knocking are low revs high load (eg Foot flat to the floor in 5th gear going between 60kmh-80kmh etc)

Sorry I was a bit vague in my last post

Just let me know if you've experienced this before. Im going to do a bit more logging individually with hand controller only and datalogit only when I get the time

Thanks