SAU Community

Check Your L/h Inner Guard Intercooler Exit

STOP PRESS!!!!! If you have an R33 Turbo , check your pax side front guard inner plastic shield just behind the stock intercooler for a series of slotted vents in the plastic - apparently there are 2 types of inner guard plastic shield (Turbo & non turbo ) If your car has been modded with an aftermarket body kit or a Nismo front kit, :thumbsup: it may have a non turbo, NON vented inner shield which will destroy airflow across the intercooler . Mine was fitted with a non slotted shield!!!!! Its easy to cut some slots in the plastic shield with a stanley knife as the slot shapes are already pressed into the plastic - make sure you cut the slots in the downward pointing part of the slot pressing to avoid mud/slush getting into the intercooler......

Ours has the slots. It is sitting in the garage if someone wants it.

Took it off nearly 2 years ago (as suggested by rev210 for better cooling). The cooler gets the full air flow and I haven't seen any evidence of any probs with this.

The cooler gets a wash when the car does once a week. My Wife travels on a dirt road once a week as well.

Enjoy.

El Bee