SAU Community

Top RB20 Club... do you have over 260rwkw?

screwed more boost into it this time.....?

Nismoid, I swear I have seen a vid with AC with his ass sitting in your boot on the dyno @ autosalon :thumbsup:

Just saying.

Exactly the same boost, just more timing! The turbo is hitting a brick wall after 22psi :)

• 3 weeks later...

lucky u guys .. i cant keep traction with mine R32 gtst 93 model on 180kwts 1st 2nd 3rd gear only wheel spin and going sideways.. any clues on that? had the diffs looked at ..nothing that can be done about it ... i got told ?

r33 turbo

r32 gtr fuel pump + injectors standard ecu

drift full exhaust drift pod filter

bc coil overs

14 psi

lucky u guys .. i cant keep traction with mine R32 gtst 93 model on 180kwts 1st 2nd 3rd gear only wheel spin and going sideways.. any clues on that? had the diffs looked at ..nothing that can be done about it ... i got told ?

r33 turbo

bc coil overs

14 psi

maybe look at some wider tyres?

• 3 weeks later...

r33 turbo

bc coil overs

14 psi

Mate i run 240rwkw and I know what you mean but they're are ways around this slippery slide that you get with r32s.

1) Have a fiddle with your Profec B or alternative ebc and spread the boost as wide as possible over your rev range. This will help decrease the sudden surge of boost and subsequent wheelspin (which is wicked but not when you wanna rape a VE 6 litre)

2) Widen/change your heat cured tyres. I run 245/17s on the rear and 225/17s on the front. Old tyres have f**kall grip (remember this)

3) By a heavy sub box and plonk it in your boot. Don't even have to hook it up but looks better than a pile of sand.

4) When going out to drag, pick your heaviest mate up and take him with you. He'll be good for some grip.

5) Proper use of clutch - foot off clutch before foot on throttle.

6) Put some weight on yourself :D

If your still not happy, buy a GTR!

Well, with a bit more ignition, running the gate atmo I have found a bit more power.

med_gallery_462_50_656235.jpg

This will be serving as the baseline tune for the install of the Plazmaman plenum (finally) and some Tomei cams over the next two weeks. Will be interesting to see what differences the two mods make. I am hoping for about 285rwkws and a bit more mid and less drop off from the cams and plenum...but I suspect the car will be laggier, more peaky and generally crap compared to how it is now ;)

"...dont fix what aint broke"

Also, regarding traction....this is on crappy Nanakangs

So if you have traction problems with 180rwkws, or anything under 250rwkws then you really need to look at the quality of shocks and spring rates you are using along with the wheel alignment. The vid shows problems with my car under brakes, but thats because I did not bother to put my brake setup back on the car as the intent of the weekend was to get some more running on the setup and check out the tune. A brake upgrade on the rear does not work with std brakes on the front :ermm:

I hear all these people talk about dyno wheel spin yet i've never seen my car do it lol

Im missing out :ermm:

...cause it needs more balls ;)

My last tune, strapped down and people in the car etc still turning them - good for a laugh but yeah not good for anything else

r33 turbo

bc coil overs

14 psi

What spring rates are the coil overs and what tyres+rim combo you using?

If you are using typical jap drift 8kg bullshit on aussie roads and nankangs 215s stretched on 9" rims then its going to spin with 100kw.

I've got 240kw and I can put it down in 1st gear with minimal spin, using fairly soft 4.5kg springs (not 'coilovers'), and 235 federal 595 evo tyres on 9" rims

If your bushes or hicas rods are stuffed and you are getting weird dynamic toe then this will make it sloppy and kick the rear out a lot as well, test the rear wheels for play, will also show up as tramp and horrible vibrations if it is the hicas rods, at least it did with me.

Edited by Rolls

• 1 month later...

What's the most PSI you would run through an internally stock, but fresh (8000km after full rebuild) RB20DET?

I've got

Full RB20DET rebuild with all the usual honing/blanking blah blah

FMIC

Full turbo back exhaust with performance cat

Greddy Dump Pipe

z32 AFM

Cold air intake

Splitfire coilpacks

550cc injectors

ECU Remap

Garrett GT2871R

Bosch 044

Exedy Super HD Clutch

230.3rwkw on 16 psi...

Just wondering how far I can turn the boost up. I'd run it on 16 usually with the max psi used every now and then.

• 2 months later...

Well, with a bit more ignition, running the gate atmo I have found a bit more power.

med_gallery_462_50_656235.jpg

This will be serving as the baseline tune for the install of the Plazmaman plenum (finally) and some Tomei cams over the next two weeks. Will be interesting to see what differences the two mods make. I am hoping for about 285rwkws and a bit more mid and less drop off from the cams and plenum...but I suspect the car will be laggier, more peaky and generally crap compared to how it is now ;)

"...dont fix what aint broke"

Did this ever happen?

• 1 month later...

Well I installed the Plazman plenum and played with a few other things and sadly I cant get the response back :( It seems whilst others have seemed to get good results, I cant say the same. I did as close to back to back as you can...same dyno, same tuner and as you can see no real benefit.

med_gallery_462_50_44142.jpg

I still have the cams to try with E85, and also have a larger exhaust housing that will let me run more boost...but need to spend some time enjoying it on the track rather then leaving it in the shop waiting to be worked on :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, now that I am back in Aus and the car is back together. I am goign to keep this thread alove :)

So did two track days in two weekends. Did two laps at Sandown and got booted because of noise :( So the following weekend went to Winton and gave it a wrap...

The basics were 19psi, 245rwkws and shifting between 7,400-7,600rpm for 43 laps. I have lost a bit of power as United have stopped selling 100RON so had to wind some ignition of it. Its amazing how sensitive my engine is to ignition, it really loses and gains power with a few degrees....so need to look at getting back on a better quality fuel. Before the plenum install i ran 98 plenty of times on the 100ron tune and no issue.