SAU Community

spot the stagea

mcnamg

hey driftt my wife thought she saw your stagea parked in the car park at gateways shopping centre this morning.

:( no fair how come I dont get to see any stageas

also does anyone in wa know anyone with a black stagea one of the guys at work spotted one in the northern suburbs yesterday.

cheers

glenn

:ufo:

That is my Stagea in Gateway Father in Law lives down the road, standard wheels sitting low until I get the 19's and decide what to do with the two different sets of Coil Overs.

R33 Front/Dump Pipe fits as I used one to comply the car, you will be amazed what fits both cars.

Doug, the one in the Trading Post is the green one, its been in there for ages. I took it for test drive about four months ago and the tacho was reving past 9000RPM!! Either an electrical fault or km's been tampered with. Also, I wasn't too crazy about the colour.

If that's the car I think it is, it's been in Adelaide for about 2 years. originally imported by Viper Motorsport & subsequently shuffled around various importer yards. If so, the interior has had a hard life - the car was broken into & the Sat Nav was stolen & the dash damaged. It's also had the crap thrashed out of it!

was looking on auto trader today and had to laugh at the number of stageas listed with bull s**t k's on them as if a 97 model cars only done 26 or 36 or thousand in 7 years they are family cars and as such are used often it doesnt matter if they dont drive them as much as in oz where on average most people with a single car will average about 20 thousand k's or more

in japan i think its 10 to 15 thousand which means most should have at least 70 thousand on the clock.

what is most sussed is the same dealer selling a car which they say is in mint condition with only 46 thousand genuine k's on it for 500 dollars less than a car with 70 thousand genuine k's on it go figure.

when is a bargain not a bargain.

at least if you buy a high k's car its probably legit :D

ooops im ranting :P

You have to go on a car by car basis as it might cost $3000 more for a lower klm car and when all cars cost the same from then on except a little more duty.

It is what the car cost which works out the retail simple as that, rarely do you get a 40,000 klm car cheaper the a 70,000 klm car.

I had an 84 Datsun ute and it came over with 6,900 klm and the origional tyres and bloody AM radio.

It is hard to say whats what when it comes to klm's on car's from Japan.

RSfour. The front pipe will fit. I bought an R33 one from Flying Performance and it bolts straight on.

Thanks for that info, I was waiting for someone to confirm this.

Just on the subject of high k's. Check out http://www.autotrader.com.au/ and look under Small, Medium, Family & Prestige, (not 4WD Wagons!). The highest k's listed is 71,365km. Now go to http://www.trademe.co.nz/ and do a search for Stagea. You'll find that only one car has less than 80,000 k's.

Does that mean that we get all the good cars and and the leftover crap gets shipped to New Zealand? :confused:

Cheers

Well we do pay higher dollars for the car in Japan than NZ as they have had a level pricing on cars and wont pay to much for an import when it is cheaper for local stock. We just pay what it costs and they only pay 12% GST all up.

They have been getting the cars for a lot longer than us so they have been hitting the Freeways longer.

yeah i can understand the lower k's i guess as not everyone drives thir car the same way. I know my parents have a second car that they hardly use its a 95 model car and its only done 60 thousand k's.

what i dont get is when someone says that a car is in pristine condition yet has less k's than another car that is in the same condition why would they sell it cheaper? Is this some new marketing technique or are the dealers not telling ppl about other problems with the car that you cant see like mechanical issues?

• 3 weeks later...

I only just found this thread, hooray

it's a silver 96 RSfour with leather and dual sunroof. has a Pod, boosted to 10psi and running a 2.5" exhaust to a 3" catback with a massive muffler that you can't hear at all.

It has some sort of bodykit on it, side skirts and a rear bar, also has a different grill and clear indicators, which you can sort of make out in my avatar.

I was the first person to get a greenslip through NRMA, as they had to add the car onto their system so i could get it.

It's the first Stagea in bathurst i'm fairly sure of, and about number 3 or 4 in canberra.

• 2 weeks later...
Saw my first Stagea on the streets of Perth on Friday around 1:00pm - a silver one going down Colin Street in West Perth.  Had a really deep exhaust note and sort of flashed by.

That would of been me, front mount and sitting low, I dont think their would of been 2 in town at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...