SAU Community

Stagea Suspension

Sydneykid

A lot of info about older model stageas but what suspension is the same as a 2002 M35 Stagea? Looking at getting an airbag setup and it's looking impossible to find anything.

A lot of info about older model stageas but what suspension is the same as a 2002 M35 Stagea? Looking at getting an airbag setup and it's looking impossible to find anything.

I haven't heard of anyone bagging a stagea. There won't be any off the shelf kits but it wouldn't be hard to put a kit togeather. Just hit up a company that supplies and fits and get them to measure everything up.

Almost all the m35 guys just go coil overs cause there is off the shelf options and price really is pretty damn good. $1250ish for brand new bc coil overs.

• Like 1

I've heard you can buy kits from japan but I haven't personally seen any. I was thinking that some of the infinity models might match up and I'd be able to drop a set of bags right in without going custom and spending a fortune. I was thinking coilovers but for the look I want bags are gonna be better suited. Looks like I'll be going with a custom setup by the looks of it though.

I've heard you can buy kits from japan but I haven't personally seen any. I was thinking that some of the infinity models might match up and I'd be able to drop a set of bags right in without going custom and spending a fortune. I was thinking coilovers but for the look I want bags are gonna be better suited. Looks like I'll be going with a custom setup by the looks of it though.

I have installe dags in a few cars back in the days when they were super popular. there won't be much custom work required to fit bags unless you are wanting it to lay rail over big wheels, which yeah is ALOT of work haha.

really all it will need is a set of Strut style bags for the front and they you may be lucky enough to get a bold in bag for the rear otherwise it will be just couple of plates welded in the rear where the current springs sit. You shouldn't need any cutting etc.

I have installe dags in a few cars back in the days when they were super popular. there won't be much custom work required to fit bags unless you are wanting it to lay rail over big wheels, which yeah is ALOT of work haha.

really all it will need is a set of Strut style bags for the front and they you may be lucky enough to get a bold in bag for the rear otherwise it will be just couple of plates welded in the rear where the current springs sit. You shouldn't need any cutting etc.

Thanks for the help. I'm gonna talk to a few airbag shops to find out what I'm gonna need for my application. It has to lay about 2-3cm of the ground so hopefully there's something out there.

Thanks for the help. I'm gonna talk to a few airbag shops to find out what I'm gonna need for my application. It has to lay about 2-3cm of the ground so hopefully there's something out there.

What size wheels do you plan on running? where you might be limited and where it may cost lots is if you need to modify your inner guards.

What size wheels do you plan on running? where you might be limited and where it may cost lots is if you need to modify your inner guards.

I haven't figured out 100% what size but I'm looking at 19x11.5 +8 rear and 19x10 +5 front. Will need to run camber and have abit of guard work done.

• 2 weeks later...

So I bought an MV35 from interstate and need to raise it to pass rwc here in Victoria. It has BC BR's however the back is already wound out all the way, so I'm guessing it has the 62.97.255.008 springs like the set I had bought for the old car. What I want to know is what height / part number springs do I need to be able to achieve standard height?

• 4 weeks later...

Im after a product code for m35 front and rear shock. Preferably not oem. More after kyb or simular including price.

KYB is OEM for the Stagea.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

has anyone had any experience with pedders coilovers for the c34 stageas?

not with the stag. But a mate had his rebuilt by pedders, they failed again, then they never picked up the phone. Then i have no idea what happened.

Does anyone know how to get in contact with sk? I would like to buy some bilstein's with the grooves cut or has someone else taken over what he was doing. I have read up to page 20 but then it kinda goes on repeat

Does anyone know how to get in contact with sk? I would like to buy some bilstein's with the grooves cut or has someone else taken over what he was doing. I have read up to page 20 but then it kinda goes on repeat

I have 3 that I pulled out (1 of them blew up) with eibach springs in them free to good home but pick up only from maroubra.

Edited by stock stagea