SAU Community

PowerFC software

DoughBoy

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Make sure you have Jap english support on your operating system. Some of the files are in Jap and won't be able to uncompress if you don't have it enabled (Start>settings>control panel>regional and language settings>or something like that)

2) Copy the maps (you can only play with the maps until you get the cable) into a seperate directory. Right click on the directory with the executable and go down to properties. Insert a Japanese character (any will do, try this ススカイライン) into the directory name.

The cable is a complicated device (well, to a layman like me it is) and will require a bit of work. More on that tomorrow, just download the stuff and host it before I get torched and have to remove it.

Doughboy... can't help but feeling that the first post was directed at me... :D hehe. I haven't as yet replied to any of the PM's I got about the power FC software, but I was gonna charge somewhere around $20 for a copy.

aaaaanyway seeing as you've got the software (well... part of it, there's other revisions as well that work with different PFC's) you will no doubt have the instuctions on how to make the cable. I have the instructions as well, but am having some trouble sourcing some parts to make the cable, specifically the NEC reprogrammer that you need to flash the PFC with so you can use a non proprietory cable to communicate with it. Total cost of the cable itself should be around $250 to make. Thoughts, ideas?

This is great guys, I'll be in for a group buy if it will help with cable pricing. (I also have access to trade priced at a few IT and electrical places if it is of use to anyone)

PS - I have looked at the software a few times now but I cant find the setting for "WARNING MANIFOLD PRESSURE TOO HIGH" or the "DROP PASSENGERS FLOOR PAN - sparks set to 85%" activation settings.

...Let the engine torchings begin! lol :D

LOL... what do you know about tuning, anything you can do i can do better...provided the aim is to throw a rod thru the drivers window of the car alongside you, i bet i can mix it with the best :headspin:

Oh, and leaner mixtiures means more power right? :Bang: