SAU Community

100k service has arrived

DJ_L3ThAL

okie its time for my 100,000ks service, i know oil + filter needs changing, and my brakes are being replaced (rotors and pads) anyways in the next week and brake fluid flush/replace too so otherwise what do i need doing, obviously timing belt is the big thing but is there anything else i should do ? sparkies havent been done for about 20,000ks (ngk platinums) should they get checked/replaced ?

and anyone know places who do good services at a good price ?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reason for rotors/pads change is just cause they are worn out, not to do with the k's, as for water pump i removed my clutch fan and put a thermo in and have had that for about 20,000+ks so im thinking that would take a lot of load off the water pump and hence increasing the life of it, but if its safer to just replace it i rekon ill do that

reason im asking what i should check is i wanna do most things myself, stuff thats too complex or i dun wanna stuff up ill get a shop[ to do

I think you will (or should) really replace your crank with a forged item, new rods, forged pistons, and your turbo should be pretty much buggered by now, so a big 400 rwkw should be fitted, along with big fuel pump, larger injectors and probably a hollinger sequencial dog box.

That should all see you through to the next 100k service.

BASS OUT

The reason the water pump is usually replaced is because it's in behind the timing belt, and it's a damn sight easier to do it as part of the 100k service than by itself further down the track :rant:

Idler and tensioner bearings. Go to somewhere like CBC rather than Nissan though - when I got mine, the Nissan ones were something like $350 each, at CBC they were (from memory) $40 for the pair. Same brand, same stampings, same everything, they're exactly the same bearing, the only thing I didn't get was a Nissan logo on the box and a much bigger bill :P

Also it doesn't hurt to get fan/aircon/power steering belts, and check the balancer while you're there.

Throw the TD06 ON...its a MUST :D

LOL, its sold, got picked up yesterday "Ezrakael" is the proud new owner of the kit, as for my sky, im in a dilemma what to do mods-wise so first thingts first, service it and make it schmick (even though there's nothing wrong with it atm) i just wanna be sure to prevent anything happening in future coz this sky has had 0 probs since i bought it n i wanna keep it that way :P

as for the bearings etc yes are there any sites with part numbers etc ?

cheers guys, hopefully this thread can be stickied with the relevant info once we'ce clarified everything for a 100ker so others can use it in the future ;) :zap:

I don't remember them off the top of my head as it was ~80,000km ago :P I just took my old ones as samples to CBC (which is about 500m from my house), who matched em up for me. It did take a couple of visits to find someone who knew what they were on about.

At the time (about 3 or so years ago when there were hardly any 'lines around), genuine wasn't an option, as Nissan said it'd take three weeks to get some in from Japan and didn't have a listing to compare with the RB30 ones... so they wouldn't supply them for fear of being blamed later.

i'm pretty sure the UAS site still has this information listed but just in case it doesn't.

Major Service Items List

· Systems Check and reset memory and check all sensors and check for any fault codes.

· Systems cleaner, pressurized can with long bendy hose inserted in various locations to clean carbon

build up in plenum chamber and tops of valves and ports as well as PCV and throttle body. (s)

· On line injection clean.

· New Iridium Spark Plugs.

· Water Pump.

· Thermostat

· Cam belt

· Drive belts.

· Oil Filter

· Fuel Filter For 300ZX new hoses either side of water pump.

· Check cam and crank seals for leaks usually OK and extra if seals required $14 each. Cranks Seal $25 Extra labour one to two hours.

· Check cam belt guide and tensioner pullies (extra $150 each for 300ZX other cars can be more) if required .

· All electricals, exhaust, suspension. Coolant and intake hoses.

· Gear oil 75w- 90 or auto trans service.

· Engine, gearbox and power steering get Uniglide treatment.

· Clutch and brake fluid flushed and bleed.

· Radiator and engine flush.

· Clean and treat battery terminals.

· Clean terminals to injector plugs, ignition coils.

· Compression test.

· Spray lubricant on throttle linkages and other.

· Adjust water sprayers and additive used

· Lubricate door hinges and strikers, bonnet latch, boot hinges, aerial mast.

· Check and tighten sub frame and suspension and cross member bolts etc.

· Tyre pressures checked and corrected.

· Air filter replaced or if performance filters cleaned and re oiled.

· Check list for our technicians and report given.

· Full day required (8am drop off).

Optional extras

· Steam clean engine bay $30

· Adjustable Cam Sprockets see parts section for options.

· 300ZX and Skylines silicone radiator hoses, or 300ZX optional stainless lower radiator hose.

i had ice do mine and it came out well, i got it done at 94000 howver ive noticed its been harder to start since about 102000. not sure why. have a new battery instaleld too. takes about 1 or 2 full cranks before it starts, i admit ive done no troubleshooting on it but just an annoying "feature"

u got an aftermnarket comp ? coz wolf 3ds take ages to crank ive noticed as part of them, nothing wrong with that, and i *think* my powerfc made mine take 1 or 2 cranks longer, meh, it still starts n purrs perfectly :D

shivam - how much would all dat cost lol ? i mean what would say ice do for a 100k'er' ? anyone know ? i gotta head down there soon anyways to have a chat once my brakes are on the car (tomorrow YAY!) so if noone knows i guess ill enquire down there as the car is at alost 95,000 now which is when i wanna get it done

:D