SAU Community

Tow bars

Sydneykid

I had the Fast Fit tow bar installed on my car this week and I am very happy with the job done. The price as previously posted is $490 wired and installed.

The load rating on the tow bar is 1200kg and 80kg on the ball.

For those that were at the Stagea meet up at Rhodes a few weeks back you may have seen a tow bar installed on Damo's car. That is what I had installed. When you see it from the outside it looks like is is only the tongue bolted to the wheel well but there is a brace across the back of the car.

I was very impressed with the way they pulled the car apart to install it and then put it back together. A very professional outfit that I would recomend to any one.

Any way have a look at the pics for your self.

Pic 1. Installed behind the bumper.

Pic 2. Bumper back on and all wired. (and removable tongue)

Pic 3. Nice and neat with a shin guard.

Cheers

Andy

post-41854-1245999133_thumb.jpg

post-41854-1245999327_thumb.jpg

post-41854-1245999390_thumb.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not bad dude!!

so have you tested it out??

Taking the trailer for a test run tomorrow.

Oh, and wait till you hear the exhaust. Craig's tone but a little quieter.

Do they happen to do a bigger load rating? i'm after something that will eventually tow the gtr.. perhaps on a light weight braked trailer tho...

and i could have sworn that we all did buy a Volvo!!

No, 1200kg is the highest they have. go have a talk to them as if you want to pay for it they may be able to work out how to do it.

How was the snow?

Cheers

Andy

Hi guys, well the tow bar is a goer!

I had a tonne of crushed granite in my trailer today with no issues whatsoever. :laugh:

Andy, your photos were interesting, looks like a very neat job under the bodywork. My assumption was a bit wrong.

No, 1200kg is the highest they have. go have a talk to them as if you want to pay for it they may be able to work out how to do it.

How was the snow?

Cheers

Andy

prob get my mates who will do the dump to make the tow setup, 70% of their work is usually custom stuff rather than exhausts.. but i think its a while off. i cant be bothered looking at the gtr at the moment and only need to tow it when the time comes around..

the snow was good, a bit patchy in places off the groomed, rocks and the like sticking out, and then 10cm of fresh over them rocks wasnt fun either.....

The new boots were a bit stiff and sore for the first day.. the dump this week should sort it out real good.. cant wait for the weekend now!

• 2 years later...