SAU Community

Where To Buy Genuine R33 Coilpacks

Yeh im getting my work done by donny at forced they are really busy at the moment dont want to hassle the guy over coilpacks when the car isnt ready for everything else yet

Edited by skewy33

Cheaper than crappy Yellowjackets too!

Genuine? Cheaper than yellow jackets?

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/406879-coilpack-replacement-bang-for-buck-what-works-the-best/#entry6484679

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/187108-jjr-coil-packs-vs-oem-vs-splitfire-vs-other/page-21#entry7236243

Have a search around here, someone did a comparison of fake Nissan coil packs vs. real ones.

FYI, even though my GT-R runs off the factory actuators (so ~12psi), the Yellow Jackets have been working fine for 2+ years, lots of km plus two track days. I run 1.1mm gapped spark plugs.

People had YJ coils fail, people had Splitfire ones fail as well. Plenty of info around here to make up your own mind.

YellowJackets - as good as they sound, as good as their marketing say they are.. they're only good for a stock application.

Once you start ramming in boost they misfire all over the shop.. then you increase dwell (as you do) and they die on you.

In my experience, Splitfires have always been superior even with silly dwell settings.

Exactly, you get what you pay for. But why risk buying ebay "Nissan" coils for $300 when you can get Yellow Jackets with local support/warranty, the seller being an active member on this forum? (that's my point)

Anyway...

http://nissan.epc-data.com/skyline/ecr33/3915-rb25det/engine/220/22433/

That's not even the correct argument. Why risk buying yellow jackets at all, despite the warm fuzzies of forum trader and all that stuff, when they have a higher number of failures than Splitfires and don't save you much money anyway? I'd rather pay the extra and suffer the tiny failure rate of Splitfires than save 30% and near 1 in 3 failure rate that I've seen with yellows.

• Like 2

From my experience, stock application it works fine. So if your car is stock, and you need new coils, would you buy fake OEM coils or yellow jackets (assuming you can't spend more than $500).

Under the artificial limitation that I cannot spend more than $500 I would clean up my existing coils and/or buy some 2nd hand originals until such time as I had the money to buy Splitfires or new genuine coils.

Face it. $500 is co close to the price for Splitfires or genuine that the gap is almost meaningless.

Let's put it another way.....would you buy a known non-genuine Z32 AFM for, let's say, $100, given the knowledge that they do work and have been used by a number of people, or would you rather pay $200 for a known genuine one? The other part of that question is that the known non-genuine ones, whilst they work, don't have the capacity that the proper ones do, and therefore can't be treated as if they actually were a proper Z32 (ie you can't use the Z32 curve in PFC or Nistune). I see the Yellowjackets thing in the same way. They work, but they don't work well enough and reliably enough to justify the relatively small saving in purchase cost.