SAU Community

New On The Block (Newcastle)

mattyboy33

hey guys.
my names matt, and am completely new to the nissan scene.
have came from a subaru... so there is ALOT to get use to and such.. but i'm loving it!

traded my 03 XS luxury model Forster for a mint condition 96 S2 R33 with 133k on the clock. only mods on it so far are a 3 inch TBE with seperate wastegate pipe on the dump, HKS cannon, pod filter, GFB atmo bov, HDI boost controller w/ gauge and a set of ugly ass 20's :yucky:
but a clean swap for the forester, there was no way i was passing that up!! with more than double the power of what my forester had, i'm more than pleased with my purchase :D

went from this,

10420276_246493432217497_646458104418218

to this,

10403023_260654300801410_753650757885877

so looking forward to meeting new mates and getting amungst the fmorum!

might want to fob off that atmo bov because afm car no like atmo bov.

yes its on the list of things to be removed. will be getting a plumb back bov amongst other things (fmic etc etc) then it will be off for a tune when i get the money.

out of curiosity what does it affect with the car?

the afm measures airflow going into the engine, using that information, tells injectors how much fuel to put int, while the atmo bov releases intake charge into atmosphere, which upsets the whole air flow measurement, so you overfuel.

that is my understanding.

ahh yeah well that might explain why my fuel consumption is dog shit lol.

need to get me a recirc. bov asap!

That can be a number of things... Find yourself a decent tuner that has an idea of what is going on and that should soon be sorted :)

GuiltToy (Anthony) is back tuning in Newcastle, Bellevue have a Mainline dyno now too... You can travel a bit further and see Jez on the Central Coast (He is a guru)...

My advice would be to avoid a certain shop... Starts with B and ends with lacktrack! Myself and many others were left with a bitter taste after being ripped by them in the past...

Enjoy the car and stay away from Newy on Thursday nights!

ahh! i just hit up jez. he tuned my mates RWD forester and done a pretty good job.

thanks man :) yeah definitely staying away from that defect station.. haha!

Jez is good value! And will certainly help you sort your fuel economy issues too!