SAU Community

Q's About Kinugawa Td06 On Rb20Det

I have just recently found out my RB25 turbo is on it's last legs so I thought i might aswell upgrade it while up there. I have heard of people saying good things about

Kinugawa Turbo's and just wanted to come on here and ask what the overall opinion of them actually were

Eventually I would like to achieve 350hp on a stock Bottom End RB20 is this acheiveable?

If so what turbo charger should I be looking at getting? I've heard TD06-20 are good for 20det's am I going in the right direction on this choice?

anybody on here with a 20det actually ever bought one of these turbo's got any feedback on relibility/performance/ ease of install (completeness of the turbo kit they sell)?

So far i've been looking at this which seems to cover everything you'd need for the install, but if anyone has installed one of these before, does it?

Link below incase hyperlink doesn't work:

http://shopping.kinugawaturbo.com/kinugawaturbochargerbolt-on24inchesnissanskylinerb20detrb25dettd05h-16g8cm10cm-1-2.aspx

Edited by angusis2fast4u

people seem to struggle getting the bottom front nut done up turbo to manifold

as the casting is to thick on the flange to get a spanner on there something to keep in mind

I was going to have to remove the core fit the rear housing then refit the core

or I was told by a mate he took to his with a grinder

What do you mean by 350 HP? Fly? Or at the wheels? Reason I ask is that you can pretty much do 300HP at the fly on a stock RB20 turbo, get reasonably close to 350 on RB25 turbo.

By the same token....I first saw ~350HP at the wheels done on an RB20 with a TD06 in about 1998. It's not hard. You can shit that amount in on stock bottom end.

What do you mean by 350 HP? Fly? Or at the wheels? Reason I ask is that you can pretty much do 300HP at the fly on a stock RB20 turbo, get reasonably close to 350 on RB25 turbo.

By the same token....I first saw ~350HP at the wheels done on an RB20 with a TD06 in about 1998. It's not hard. You can shit that amount in on stock bottom end.

At the wheels man haha