SAU Community

Greddy Intake Manifold

Ok so I found out today that my motor has low comp on the 6th cylinder. Looking to start a rebuild and found a greddy manifold cheap, I'm looking to do a 2.8 stroker rebuild. Already have -5 turbos and was making 330kw atw. Might start another thread with the build details but was hoping to find out if the manifold was worth purchasing???

Stock manifold design tends to let #6 run leaner, get the better manifold and flow test your injectors then run the highest flowing injector on #6.

So who can tell a fake Greddy plenum from a genuine? What are the distinguishing features?

For those that have a Greddy plenum, does the red Greddy decal come already fitted to the plenum out of the box or do you stick it on yourself?

Very easy to tell the difference between real and fake mate. The quality of the casting is a dead giveaway, the fakes are a bit rough with uneven dimples (for lack of a better word), and there is plenty of dags. The genuine ones have a very smooth and consistent casting and look much nicer.

Might be, if it is real, lol... Send me a PM if you want to know what I am thinking.

Aftermarket jobs like hypertune and nismo just command too much money for performance benefit and good luck trying to get any CFD or other testing from either of those to prove what they advertise.

So who can tell a fake Greddy plenum from a genuine? What are the distinguishing features?

For those that have a Greddy plenum, does the red Greddy decal come already fitted to the plenum out of the box or do you stick it on yourself?

It comes in the bag with all the other bits and you stick it on yourself

The genuine greddy is a better unit for sure... by the time you port match, relieve the 'dimples' for the screws, have all the mating surfaces machined flat on a fake one, then you have spent more than a genuine one allready...

Saying that, I spent a few hours matching up my genuine manifold to the tb's and smoothing out the casting marks anyway.

...tbh, the main reason I wen't with a greddy manifold was because it's 2 pc and I can ballance the tb's more easily (and it has hand flat boss's to mount all my N20 nozzles on he he he).

J.