SAU Community

33 Gtst S2: Metallic Noise

HCD_Velcra

Hey guys

Since some weeks I got this metallic sound from the rear of my car. At first it only appeared on the left, meanwhile on both sides.

It appears when I start moving the car, forward and reverse. Also when changing into 2nd and start accelerating.

It does NOT appear in every gear or always at the same "time". It sounds like 2 screwdrivers hit against each other.

Also you can not "make" that sound with "shaking" the car for example, so theres nothing haning around, nothing lose or not in place

and so on. A friend of mine is mechanic but we could only check without a lft but he couldnt find anything. Not the wheels, nor the suspension, not the exhaust, not the shieldings bla bla bla

I srsly got no clue what to do, and since a week, this guy has the same problem. Actually it´s not a real problem, at least so far. But everytime I stop and keep moving again, there´s that annoying sound and ofc that´s not how the car should be so I rly wanna fix that.

Sry for bad english, and sry for not being able to explain it better ^^

Here are two short vids, in which you can hear that sound. Sry for bad quality, cellphone sucks :) When you hear it, you´ll straight know what I am talking about.

Thanks a lot

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k6mFvU0Vq7W3yw8kBlr

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k1Am8JdGgI3N9O8flgQ

Nah nah I´m no mechanic or pretty skilled in this stuff but I checked the dumb things first ^^

Exhaust is almost like new and like described it´s on the left and the right side.

I jacked the car up and tried to shake and turn the wheels in every possible direction. Should I hear it then too? Cause there was nothing. But I´ll have a look again.

I jacked the car up and tried to shake and turn the wheels in every possible direction. Should I hear it then too? Cause there was nothing. But I´ll have a look again.

if there play in the wheel when u tried? u might not hear it unless the wheel is under load being driven

Nah I´d say nothing. I turned and shook em in every possible way. Like said before, if you would hear it while checking, you´d also hear it while the whole is getting kinda rumbled by driving over a curb for example, I guess. But that doesn´t happen

Somebody meant while driving by might be something to do with the "struts" ( if I got the correct Translation ). I can´t see how this could be oO If, it would be more centre of the car, not obviously down and rear, correct?

A stainless exhaust can make a similar noise when tapped, on take off the exhaust will tend to move/vibrate more

also if there was some loose fragments of broken cat converter, they could be tapping inside the pipes.

Ye but like I said twice now, it´s clearly coming from left and from right. I can easily tell which side just "knocked" so I can´t see the exhaust Point here. :)