SAU Community

Just Bought A Members Stagea ...

UnBlunt

G'day all - wondering if anyone can throw some light on this ?

I just bought an unregistered black Stagea ARX, here in Sydney. After a bit of detective work, I think I've found out it belonged to Wagon Girl, here on the SA Forums

Anyway, it was sold to a guy in Sydney by Pickles Auctions in Melbourne, as a "Repairable Writeoff" without plates.

The guy who sold it to me said all it needed was a left side front lower control arm ?

Does anyone here remember the car ? Vic Rego was H3RWGN and the owner seems to have been named Kate. Yes, I've pm'd her, but she was last active here over 12 months back.

I've been told once by the RTA that it can't be registered in NSW, without first being repaired and registered in Vic, then transferred to NSW. Then a few hours later was told by another RTA person that it could be repaired here, as long as title could be proven, then as long as it was taken off the WOVR Register, it could then be inspected and registered in NSW ?

Thanks for any help from anyone who's gone through this before ....

Cheers

Edited by UnBlunt

Think I spotted that car several times in the Belgrave area but not for a few months. Looked like it was in good shape.

Surely you can get hold of the auction papers of the guy that sold it to you?

What did you pay for it?

Might be worth breaking for parts.

Checked out the auction listing, but all it says is "repairable writeoff"

According to the info I got here, it has to be inspected, and registered for 6 months in Victoria. Then it "might" be able to be transferred to NSW rego. But it will always have the writeoff recorded against its history.

Checked it out and it's pretty clean. Although it does have the bright brown/organge leather interior ;)

Has an aftermarket exhaust and cone filter and seems to drive well.

As a parts car, I've been told it's only worth $1k for the wreckers to buy ?

Cheers

Ok, a bit more info today.

RTA Tech Support and Vehicle ID Unit in NSW both said the same thing.

Vehicle has to be inspected, then registered in another state, before being transferred to NSW Rego & Blue Slipped here. This is apparently the same for any vehicle that's a. Repairable Writeoff. It can be registered in any other state first, doesn't have to be the one it was written off in.

Just dosnt seem to be worth it to me. To make it a driver in NSW would be a major hassle.

As for a parts car, I just don't have the space or time to break it down myself.

If anyone here is keen, I can put them in touch with the seller ?

Cheers

Scott

So how much does the guy want for the car?

Surely he knew what he was buying and should have got it repaired and re registered in Vic???

He clearly Isn't going to sell it in NSW. Suspect he will loose money on it.

Where is it advertised? Maybe I'll buy it :whistling:

Update:

Rang the seller back today, after I'd backed off from the sale based on info from the RTA, RTA Engineering Divison and RTA Vehicle ID Board.

Well, guess what? He tells me as he couldn't sell it, he gave it to his brother in law. Tells me his brother got it blue slipped, green slipped and registered !

Now, maybe he's BS'ing, but I don't know why he would, other than to annoy me.

So there you go - apparently it is possible to register a repairable writeoff from interstate, here in NSW, without having to register it first interstate.

Cheers

Scott

Yeah I have done the same thing with a skyline gts4 written off in S.A all it took was an engineers cert for side intrusion bars in the doors repair the front bumper change tyres then blue slip and regoed but getting insurance was an absolute bitch. Could find anyone to get full insurance from then a female friend of mine decided that the car would look better in the front of my local pub. Lost the car and the friend cause she never paid me a cent for the damage she did