SAU Community

R34 Gtr Vspec Insurance , Who Are You With ?

Too many variables to consider having owned 3x BNR34s myself located at different postcodes.

Companies who have insured BNR34s include Shannon's, Just Car, NRMA, Lumley SV and Dawes (through a savvy broker).

Don't forget that when it comes time to renew, shop around. You may get a better deal from a different company when the 12 months are up.

Terry is on the money. Too many variable's..

Your age

Your driving record - with roads auth

Your crash history

Where you live

What agreed value you choose will alter final sum

Daily drive or limted use policy

That said, I'd say $1500 - $3K would be the norm Per Annum.

• 2 weeks later...

I went with Just Cars, agreed value $45k, 1999 R34GTR with mods , $1900. I have 2 cars insured through them , 1 driver but no discounts available..

About to spend a heap on a build and I doubt if I can insure it for any more if I wanted to. I have a ***** star driving record and accident free, live in a safe area,car in a garage,no track work and an old bloke to boot that does not put a lot of Klms on a year, shat a young bloke that tracks must pay a fortune.

Tried Shannons before with my 350GT, about $400 more.

I will try some of the others Terry mentioned at renewal.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, try nrma classic, vintage & veteran car insurance. If your car is 15 years or more in age (1999 = 15 year), and you drive it less than 9,000k's per year and it's not your primary drive you qualify. I just got my '96 R33 done today with $0 excess, $11k agreed value for $246pa, done from $1000, a great saving by any standards.post-119203-14080142173377_thumb.jpg

I decided to give NRMA vintage car insurance policy a go today. Managed to lower my insurance on my 34r vspec by nearly half! there are a few conditions one has to meet though

- car is driven not on a daily basis; must travel less then 9000km annually

- car must be stored in a secure garage (lock-up enclosed, gated property ie)

- Modifications are allowed but only covered to the agreed value amount

- driver needs to be over 25 with more then 2 years driving expirence and clean recent driving history

For those of you that can meet these criterias, definately worth giving them a call, good saving to be made!