SAU Community

My Amp Stopped Working No Sound.

starwarz

Basically i bought the car with a SUB and AMP in the boot, i took out the Sub for more room and im not into having fully sick bass,

but left the amp because it look to complicated to remove as the system runs thought this or something. The amp has stopped working no light to indicate its on and i tried switching fuses no luck, so i took the amp out. Im left with a bunch of wires in my boot and no sound now, what needs to be done so i can just run its orginal set-up no sub or amp. Got no idea about audio or wires at all.

The previous set up could have been done 2 ways:

1) Head unit -> amp -> new wires to speakers

OR

2) Head unit -> amp -> back to [head unit area] and use the original wires to speakers

Option 2 just means you need to remove the head unit and replace the wires coming out of the head unit that go to the amp, and change them so the head unit directly feeds the speakers. Generally the wires you are looking for are white, white/black, grey, grey/black, purple, purple/black and green, green/black out of the head unit.

Option 1 means you will need to do the same as option 2, but also reconnect the original wires onto the speakers.

If this sounds too complicated, I would suggest going to a car audio shop. I wouldn't pay more than 1-2 hours labour to fix that.

Easiest way to fix would be get a new amp.

Assuming old amp was actually broken and he hasn't destroyed something removing it all. I would have done a proper diagnosis on the old amp before removing it TBH.

• 4 weeks later...