SAU Community

The Frankinstien Twin Turbo Thread

Ok so after so shits and giggles I have been looking at turbos to replace the ones on my cars

For the R32 I'm looking at twin Kinugawa Billet TD04H-19Ts, should give same response with more top end

Chance of working 95%

For the R34 I'm looking at either Kinugawa Billet TD06L2S-20Gs or Garret GTX3071rs with the front housing off my HKS GT-RSs and some Kando T25 GT30 rear housings, should give good response and quench the RB30s thrust for air :D

Chance of working 80%

This thread is about odd twin turbo setups, if you have some post em and why and an estimated chance of working like you want them to

I'm looking at doing a set of -7s with billet kinugawa 60mm comp wheels (basically -5 size) on a 2.6 for a bit of an experiment

Chance of working at a guess 75% provided it doesn't go straight to surge due to the smaller front housings

I'm monitoring this thread. Curious what GTX3071's could do in twin form. Also what kind of manifold would you need for twins that size?? I've never pulled a gtr apart so I don't really know how much room there is

I'm monitoring this thread. Curious what GTX3071's could do in twin form. Also what kind of manifold would you need for twins that size?? I've never pulled a gtr apart so I don't really know how much room there is

over 500kws and a cracked block ;)

I'm looking at doing a set of -7s with billet kinugawa 60mm comp wheels (basically -5 size) on a 2.6 for a bit of an experiment

Chance of working at a guess 75% provided it doesn't go straight to surge due to the smaller front housings

That is an interesting idea, that Hawkins dude put -7 comp housings on to -5s and got decent results with it and with the Billet wheel should be even better :)

That's more an idea then something that will actually happen, but if it was possible/managed to do it would easy pass 500kw, I have got 458kw with the GT2871Rs ( HKS GT-RSs ) and got boost limited due to the rear wheels choking it at over 28psi

My idea is Kando T25-GT30 rear housing to bolt in to the factory location on the standard manifolds and use the GT-RSs front housings to keep the engine bay as stock looking as possible :D

mick i have a hks 3037s twin kit your r34 would like

I actually looked that up, the 3037s are GT3076Rs and are to much comp wheel for what I'm after and also very unlikely to fit the factory location :(

over 500kws and a cracked block ;)

500kws at the wheels is the idea, but why would that crack my block, can the RB30s not take that much power

That is an interesting idea, that Hawkins dude put -7 comp housings on to -5s and got decent results with it and with the Billet wheel should be even better :)

that was what I thought he did, makes me feel even more confident now

500kws at the wheels is the idea, but why would that crack my block, can the RB30s not take that much power

I have seen a few cracked blocks lately on cars running e85, seems the cylinder pressure just splits the bore from bottom to top. It's totally up to your tuner, and how much timing he decides to run, I hope he is good because you can't see massive cylinder pressure, and you can't know when it is too much for your block to handle.

My suggestion is to keep the bore thick, not oversize the pistons. Or perhaps sleeve the block...any strength there will help.

What about the FP HTA 68 mm comp wheels, Micky?

I did think about them cause they are a good piece of gear but with what exhaust side, Owen Developments do one boltin for the RB26 but it is still the same rear wheel as I have now which isn't big enough :(

Would be good in your -5s though :)

Brett's idea is would be even better for you though me thinks and the idea of this thread, bitsa turbos in twin form, engine doesnt really matter just throw together turbos you have done or have thought about doing :thumbsup:

Hmm.

Would 0.84 housings fit in a stock position? It would mean custom dumps but.

Those 68's are too big for me. If I did anything, prob the 60 mm gtx's in stock housings.

Lithiums idea was a rip snorter. The trust t517's with their bigger rear wheel and the FP 68 mm front fans. I think that's what it was.

Hmm.

Those 68's are too big for me. If I did anything, prob the 60 mm gtx's in stock housings.

Lithiums idea was a rip snorter. The trust t517's with their bigger rear wheel and the FP 68 mm front fans. I think that's what it was.

Kando have a billet Kinugawa TD05H-18G that would be close enough to Liths idea, same exhaust wheel and housing and a Billet 68mm comp wheel, just not the HTA gear, which I would consider one step up from where I am now

3071's seem to work fairly well for a 3L engine, this is another members car on aus300zx. Not an RB but still 3L :P

98 RON 446rwkw 23PSI

98 RON+ Water Injection 489rwkw 23PSI3runcomp001.jpg

That doesn't look all that laggy given twin GT30 rears on a 3.0, give me hope of a good result if I go that way :thumbsup:

Hmm.

not they wouldn't fit cause they don't make a compact .84 housing

What ever happened to the "response whore Micky". You've changed man! :P

You would be surprised at how responsive that setup would be on a dirty 30 and any way the 32 is about response the 34 want powah :P