SAU Community

Nistune/power Fc Benefit On Very Minor Mods

the default map usually has way too much fuel and a little too much ignition timing.....take your time....at least you have nice long straight roads out your way :)

Ah yes indeed we do. And conveniently, there is also a open speed limit section also.

In that case, might have to move on the nistune to someone with access to a tuner or the software

• 3 weeks later...

We pulled 3 degrees timing out of entire base map apart from the first 2 rows. Roughly how much fuel needs to be pulled out to get in running a bit cleaner?

I can get another power fc map from another car here with similar mods, just more boost than I plan to run, for comparison but it's a d-jetro version and mine is l-jetro, will that matter?

For wideband, what's the best way to go? I don't want a permanent gauge in my car but want to be able to hook up to data logit so we can set target afr's and tune to them. Can I turn o2 feedback off and put a wideband sensor in one of the stock locations or should I have a bung welded into a decat pipe?

The load scale in a MAP based ECU and the load scale in an AFM based ECU bear no relationship to one another. So the short answer to you rquestion ref using a D-Jetro map in yours in, no.

The clue is in the square root relationship between pressure and flow.

power fc = fail

15 year old ECU for your car.. no knock sensing except for dicky warning light you won't see. good luck.

you should support an aussie company and buy an adaptronic or a haltech. much better products, engine protection functions that go into limp mode if your fuel pump fails etc. not like a PFC that will happily grenade your engine if you don't see the light in time.

And for those knocking the power fc, I live in Alice Springs and nobody tunes anything out here. One guy has data logit so I am forced to utilize what's available.

I would love to run a more modern ecu, however the cost of sending the car away for tuning would cost more than the ecu itself, then have to pay for tuning on top. Even if I could fly someone here it would be cheaper than sending the car away, but there isn't access to a dyno here so everything has to be road tuned. On top of this, I don't have any of the equipment to tune it myself, not do I feel confident enough to start. Literally stuck between the rock and a hard place.

And for those knocking the power fc, I live in Alice Springs and nobody tunes anything out here. One guy has data logit so I am forced to utilize what's available.

I would love to run a more modern ecu, however the cost of sending the car away for tuning would cost more than the ecu itself, then have to pay for tuning on top. Even if I could fly someone here it would be cheaper than sending the car away, but there isn't access to a dyno here so everything has to be road tuned. On top of this, I don't have any of the equipment to tune it myself, not do I feel confident enough to start. Literally stuck between the rock and a hard place.

If you can tune a PowerFC successfully you can tune anything.

Adaptronic, Haltech, ViPec, Megasquirt - > all don't need fancy boxes and you don't need fancy licenses.. just plug up yoru USB and off you go