SAU Community

Warning Potential Carjackers

wild31

Just want to give you guys a heads up, as I had an experience last night whilst in the national park, this may seem short n sweet, but I just spent 20mins writing what happened for my iPad to turn off, and can't be bothered writing it again, but at around 2 am I was at a lookout near stanwell park, mounting my go pro, to get some incar footage. 2 Asians in a black dodge mini van pulled up, I was the only car there, and by myself. After 5 mins something didn't seem right, I started the car, the approached my car one stayed at th front, the other made out he was looking at the back of my car. I gave them no chance and got out of there, I returned 5 mins later, as I needed to finish mounting my camera and check it was in the right position. The returned and tried to block me in, as I had a dirt ledge infront of me. I just had enough room to squeeze out, they proceeded to chase me, but I can say I gave the GTR AN ABSOLUTLEY FLOGGING! the entire way home, did not stop at the stop sign, did not obey the speed limit, and to be honest I did not give a single fluck to any of the road rules, just want to warn you guys, and also if you see 2 Asians in a dodge mini van, you know something is not right. Anyone else had anything like this happen. Cheers guys.

No mate, when they tried to block me in, I just got out of there as fast as possible, and having the camera behind me, made it too hard to try and turn on, I near crashed the first corner, I forgot to slow down lol, plus damp roads, meant I had no traction trying to get away. My heart has never beated so fast. They looked mid to late 20s, one had a hoody and hat, the other had a puffy plastic looking jacket, glasses. Black dodge mini van.

Good idea getting out of there fast!!

My cousin had a similar thing happen. He slowed down, they caught up, they ran into him on the freeway and were waving a knife etc etc. long story short he was on the phone to the police who were un helpful and told him to slow down and pull over LOL. He drove the perps straight towards the cop shop where they were caught.

No, it's one of the only nights I've ever forgotten my phone, and actually I was hoping to be pulled over, I was doing close to double the speed limit the entire way home, and I did not see one police car over the hour long trip home, let alone even one highway patrol car. And tbh I've spent abit of time in the national park over the last few months, and have never seen one highway patrol car in there, hence why I go back I guess.

Your lucky the cops didn't stop you. They would have thrown the book at you regardless of the carjacking attempt.

They aren't lenient in those situations.

Yeah, that's all fine to say now, I can help arrange the same situation, where your by yourself, no phone, no one around, secluded area, and a couple of blokes want your car, your saying you would stick to the speed limit, and if they don't get you before you get home they follow you to your home? Your castle? With all your belongings? Please save the politically correct bs. It's one of those situations where you think it's not possibly going to happen to me, this only happens in the movies. I done the right thing by the law the first time, returned due to needing somewhere to park for 5 mins, it's when they return and try blocking you in, then continue to chase you as you drive off you realise, this is serious! Maybe next time I'll ask if there worried about the book being thrown at them by taking my car from me? Any questions you want me to ask them? Just delete this post then, but make sure you let us know how you go when it happens to you and you try and get away doing 60kph.

And every time you see lights in your rearview, your wondering if it's them or not? You can't say what's right and wrong until you experience the same situation, I could have been a headline in the newspaper today? But I'll thank my GTR, for doing what it does best even in the wet conditions, my knowledge of the area, and for getting out of there as fast as I did. And beware if you see a maroon station wagon sitting behind a guard rail on one of the bends in the natio, it's a look out car.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's all fine to say now, I can help arrange the same situation, where your by yourself, no phone, no one around, secluded area, and a couple of blokes want your car, your saying you would stick to the speed limit, and if they don't get you before you get home they follow you to your home? Your castle? With all your belongings? Please save the politically correct bs. It's one of those situations where you think it's not possibly going to happen to me, this only happens in the movies. I done the right thing by the law the first time, returned due to needing somewhere to park for 5 mins, it's when they return and try blocking you in, then continue to chase you as you drive off you realise, this is serious! Maybe next time I'll ask if there worried about the book being thrown at them by taking my car from me? Any questions you want me to ask them? Just delete this post then, but make sure you let us know how you go when it happens to you and you try and 6get away doing 60kph.

I'm talking from experience dude

I was in a mates car when being chased by random guys who wanted to smash us, with bats and shit hanging out car.

Mate hammered off as you did ended up at a servo with noone else and an off duty cop (no such thing) witnessed him driving fast and run a red light.

Ended up losing his license as a result.

Glad it worked out fine for you

I really don't think reporting it will achieve anything, I was hoping to see a cop on the way hme, I would of got them to stop, and told them everything, but hours after it happened. They would be long gone. And doubt they will return in the same vehicles if they do. This was just to let fellow skyline owners know what I experienced, incase they are dealt the same situation. But instead it's turned to me being questioned, as if I tried to car jack myself, then proceeded to chase myself, and get away from myself? Really? What I done, should of done,didn't do, could of done,forgot to do, is not what this was posted for!

No one has doubted you man.

I wasn't trying to stir shit, just telling you what has happened before.

No your fine, you replied with what I asked for in my post, if anyone has experienced this.

Same thing could of happened to another skyline owner last night, and then would have a case to report, but for some reason others seem to think I need to be questioned on what happened, and advise the correct way to deal with it. If it happened again I would do it exactly the same way, because me and my car made it home to warn others. but let's be honest we all know what we go to the natio for, and bringing unwanted police attention in there is not what I intend on doing.

Thanks for the warning but.... Wouldnt you report the behaviour to the Police anyway so they can, I guess if they take the incident serious enough, patrol and keep an eye out?

They can't and won't do anything without a rego.

But it is a GREAT idea to report it because if someone else reports a similar incident you will be notified and called in to be questioned further. One step closer to justice.

Sounds like a freakin nightmare.. I imagine I'd be freaking out...

Yes its today tonight but here's another situation of this happening...

GREAT DOCTORING ON THAT VIDEO!

I was following this case closely because, in the original video you can see the grey utes bonnet dip up as he accelerated hastely, then dip down sharply just as he merged into the right lane. He was the instigator in this attack. They don't want you to see the video footage moments prior to the incident... He merged into the left hand lane just prior to the lights to give the black ute a 'chance' to get infront.

I am not condoning what the crazed motorist did, but the silver ute was the instigator and was the one provoking him to extreme proportions throughout their trip together.

I probably would have done something similar to get out of there, appreciate the information mate and glad you got away!

There has been a few cars stolen lately I've noticed.. Not good.

• Like 1

I thanked you for the warning and asked if you reported it..... I guess if I almost had my car stolen I would probably make a report and get an incident number, you know, because thats just what you do when your car almost gets jacked. You make a report, someone else makes a report, someone else and so on.