SAU Community

[Fs] [Sa] R32 Gts-T, Fresh Respray, Registered With 260Rwkw Neo 2.5L $11K

I'm considering selling my trust old R32 GTS-T after about 6 years of owning it, I have a decent job and am looking to trade up to something new, maybe an EVO, XR6T etc so am putting this up as bit of a maybe sale if I get an offer I am happy with, if not then I am still quite content owning it for another few years.

I only have one picture with the respray which is here, it has silver dishes rims now instead of the black ones:

680548_10151083320550764_938610894_o.jpg

Mods:
  • RB25DET Neo block with R33 intake and ancillaries from burnt out auto R34 skyline with 70,000 kms on it.
  • Car registered with 2.5L engine
  • R32 ECU with Nistune tuned by Pete L from Nistune themselves.
  • 550cc Nismo injectors
  • Z32 AFM
  • Apexi Pod with steel intake pipe
  • Original hybrid intercooler
  • Eboost street running 17psi with window switch controlling the VCT solenoid
  • Bilstein shocks and whiteline springs from a SydneyKid kit, about 15,000kms on them.
  • GTR Swaybar
  • New bushes all the way around the car
  • Immoboliser
  • Manual 5 speed rb20det box
  • Highflowed GCG turbo making 260rwkw
  • 3" straight through exhaust
  • R33 298mm slotted discs and callipers
  • HD clutch that showed no signs of wear when gearbox was swapped, very soft and easy to drive.
  • Silver dished rims 17x9 and 17x8 at the front with federal 595ss 235s and 225s on them with good tread
  • Nismo fuel pump
  • Deleted spoiler with holes filled in and painted over.
The good:
  • Suspension is stiffer/lower than stock but not by much meaning around town it is still very comfortable to drive and will not bottom out.
  • Car has been registered with the 2.5L engine swap and been through regency, have a "letter of exemption - modified vehicle" that sits in the glove box to show mr policeman.
  • Car has been through regency twice with all modifications except the boost controller and passed first go each time.
  • Engine is from a 100% stock auto R34 skyline that was burnt out, didn't even have an exhaust and only had 60,000kms on it, removed the motor and installed it myself with some help from friends.
  • With the VCT and small highflow the car drives like a v8, minimal turbo lag with 12psi by 2600rpm and 17psi by 3300rpm, holds boost all the way to 7600rpm redline making ~250-260kw depending on dyno, peak torque from 2.8k to 7k meaning a very large extremely streetable power band, will spin up 2nd in the dry rolling on the throttle unless you have brand new tyres on the rear, fantastic around town to drive.
  • Very safe tune done with knock ears, around 11:1 afr's in mid range, 11.5:1 in the top end, should go forever as there is not even a hint of detonation, tuned it on 19psi as well and only run it at 17psi for street as it only loses about 8kw in the top end, midrange feels identical
Dyno sheet:
img20120517221144.jpg
The bad:
  • Car has a respray everywhere other than bonnet and rear bar due to being keyed about a year ago and insurance footing the bill, bonnet is still in very good condition and paint matched well.
  • Rear guards were rolled and had rust in them so there is a small 1cm rust hole in the rear left guard, most of these cars this age have rust here except not visible.
  • Interior is old with the trim near drivers door cracked due to heat/age.
  • Rubber seals are cracked on both doors but do not leak.
  • Windscreen seal is loose making a weird creaking noise especially in cold weather and needs to be removed/refitted to fix it.
  • Carpet behind drivers seat has been cut due to a spill, only visible if you pull the drivers seat all the way forward.
  • Only has rb20 box however the last one lasted 6+ years of > 250kw before needing to be changed, imo rb20 box is fine for street driving and will take lots of abuse, drifting and regular track work however will require a rb25 box.
  • Some gutter rash on rims
Final say:
I've owned this car for a long time and nearly everything has been replaced on it at some stage, it is an old car but in my opinion looks very tidy for it's age with top end performance, the fact it passes regencey is a big plus due to everything appearing stock and the engine swap being approved. I have over $20k of receipts from the previous owner and another $5k of receipts from Jaustech for various services and replacements.
Price is high at $11k but that is as I really am not fussed if I do not sell the car and happy to continue driving it for a few more years, however if you are after a good example with awesome performance you will enjoy this car.
No test drives unless you can show me you have the money/pay a deposit, happy to answer messages/calls but only serious buyers, inspections once again only if you can show you are serious as I do not have much spare time.
Would consider swaps for BF XR6T with cash your way also.
Call/msg myself (roland) on 0423 277 771, I check my PMs fairly regularly also.
Edited by Rolls

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And the car has been written off, rear ended at 50kph then pushed into oncoming traffic and had a head on.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10530662_10152157638980764_8147808908768981785_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/10468684_10152157638970764_7730849713257069245_n.jpg

Will possibly be purchasing the car back and stripping it for parts, will update this thread with a new link if it happens.

Getting $10.5k from insurance so I guess that is good news?

Edited by Rolls

The impact snapped my f**king seat in half! was a big hit, was lying down for the head on which saved me from hitting my head on the steering wheel.

Yeah, pretty happy with getting 10.5 for it, going to buy a BF XR6 Turbo for around $15k, looking for something modified with 300+ at the rears, looks like they make that power in their sleep with just a boost increase, also even though they weight 1700kg they handle as well as the old r32 with street suspension, obviously track spec the 32 will beat it but they are very nice around town.

Anyone know of any for sale?

Edited by Rolls