SAU Community

Low Oil Pressure On Newly Rebuilt Engine:(

I think people are worried you haven't tuned it properly, as popping usually means lean at wot. Running high boost without a decent tune is crazy obviously. Has it been tuned properly at that boost?

Street racing is looked down upon over here, as we have been brainwashed into thinking babies are killed every time we go 1km over the speed limit.

Street racing is looked down upon over here, as we have been brainwashed into thinking babies are killed every time we go 1km over the speed limit.

Yes, we must act our age (40-50), we dont race, we dont line up anyone, both myself and Scotty have lawn bowls hats in the back of our cars and drive super slowly in totaly stock 1.3L push rod Corollas.

We only believe in E85 because we are trying to save the planet. :yes:

I think people are worried you haven't tuned it properly, as popping usually means lean at wot. Running high boost without a decent tune is crazy obviously. Has it been tuned properly at that boost?

Thats funny :D:D:lol::lol::lol:

Man I wont street race no more. Or let you know at least.;) It was popping ant no boost. It has to start moving first aye lol. But it so so great now. I tuned it yesterday at around 12psi. Ill break it in at that pulling 7600 rpms. Sorry but I cant run E85 over here but I do my part on helping out the environment. Like recycle cans and so forth. B)

As for the car the cams seem to work solid. It goes like crazy. Makes me want bigger cams. I was just concerned about my oil pressure. We have no winter over here so I might up the oil to a straight 40 weight full synthetic.

Well got news. I just crashed my gts4 its dead. :(

But the motor is fine so I just ordered a r32 gtr from japan. Just want to say thanks for all the help guys. I wasnt street racing. I got cut off by a ford f150 truck doing a illegal U turn. I guess it happens.

post-37293-14045946803766_thumb.jpg

Yes. The oil pan got damaged thats about it. The guy was drinking at a local bar and tried to make a left u turn and took up the whole road. So my natural reaction was to swerve and I lost it went over the the bumps that separates the two lanes and couldn't steer no more and hit another car. The insurance is taking care of it all. And the guy in the truck took off. More than 8 people witnessed the event. Im so disappointed because I spent so much time on this car. I hope when my r32 gtr reach that it might make me feel better... thanks agian for all the help guys really. I have always used this site to learn and be a better skyline technician. R.I.P GTS4.

Edited by MJTru

Oil pan is not damaged to bad and ill take photos of it tomorrow. The fins are bent, and im wondering if race fab could repair it. ??

Thanks guys. After being down for many days I found another car. The car had the engine tear down and never put back together for ten years. It was stored away in a store room for ten years and never touched. Its a r32 gtr so ill just buy a new oil pan and install it. Then ill install the engine. I have a few questions.

1. Is the stock intercooler better than most ebay units like what I used on my gts4?

2. Whats the widest rims can fit a r32 gtr.

3. Any suggestions on the car as it will still be for drag racing.

post-37293-14048676326291_thumb.jpg

post-37293-14048676536623_thumb.jpg

post-37293-14048676696784_thumb.jpg

post-37293-14048676902523_thumb.jpg

post-37293-14048677063503_thumb.jpg

post-37293-14048677444267_thumb.jpg

Stock intercooler is good for over 400Kw

We just bought some 18 X 10.5 +15 and have rolled the guards, ive heard of some people going 11, not sure about how well they would fit without rubbing.

If your drag racing keep the stock wheels and get some M/T Et street rubber on them, if you like aftermarket wheels put something else on for daily street use and throw the M/T on for strip use.

Oil pan is not damaged to bad and ill take photos of it tomorrow. The fins are bent, and im wondering if race fab could repair it. ??

Probably someone local to you could repair it.

Real shame about your GTS4

Stock intercooler is good for over 400Kw

We just bought some 18 X 10.5 +15 and have rolled the guards, ive heard of some people going 11, not sure about how well they would fit without rubbing.

If your drag racing keep the stock wheels and get some M/T Et street rubber on them, if you like aftermarket wheels put something else on for daily street use and throw the M/T on for strip use.

Would you mind posting up some photos of your gtr with those wheels.

As for the oil pan I was supposed to take some photos which ill do in the morning. I do really like this r32 gtr because its so clean. Its a 100 times cleaner than the gts4. I will be using the gts4 feont and rear diff on the gtr. This is because ive heard that the ratio will be better for drag racing. I really dont know how true this is. But it felt really good when I was driving it.

Edited by MJTru

Would you mind posting up some photos of your gtr with those wheels.

As for the oil pan I was supposed to take some photos which ill do in the morning. I do really like this r32 gtr because its so clean. Its a 100 times cleaner than the gts4. I will be using the gts4 feont and rear diff on the gtr. This is because ive heard that the ratio will be better for drag racing. I really dont know how true this is. But it felt really good when I was driving it.

the M/T et streets will fit on the stock GTR rims...we used 11.5" wide slicks... i'll upload a pic of them when i get home.