SAU Community

S A U Celebrates R32 G T R 25Th Anniversary

zebra

Day/Date:- Saturday 16th August

Time:- 7.00am until 10am

Venue:- Starkey's Cafe 43 Bridge Rd Stanmore

Whilst the Camera Crew Set Up at 7...

1) R32 GT-R drivers can park their cars along the east side of Bridge Rd facing south

1B) R32 drivers can park their cars along the west side of Bridge Rd facing north

1C) Other types of cars can park around the corner eg Salisbury Rd and surrounds

The complex inside has a wonderful Japanese style feel and so, we celebrate early, inside this complex.

Stanmore-6_zps7cd0b4a4.jpg

2) Have a great sit-down or to-go brekkie at Starkey's Cafe Complex > chat

Stanmore-8_zps920ec97d.jpg

Starkeys-1_zps61185c27.jpg

3) At 8, the first R32 GT-Rs begin to roll through the gates into this complex for your car to be video'd and photographed.

Stanmore-1_zpsfccd82e3.jpg

Stanmore-2_zps2f68fa28.jpg

4) Each driver should...

* Remove your number plates if you're sensitive to having your car identified - optional

* Not rev excessively as there may be other tenants working - albeit very few

* Turn your low beams on as you come through the gates

* Drive at less than walking pace to grab as much footage of your car as possible

Stanmore-5_zps0dd94f9e.jpg

Stanmore-7_zps7732291b.jpg

) Each driver should...

* Stop momentarily as you enter the tunnel at the end of the "S" so the cameras can catch your rear lights

* Exit left at the end of the tunnel - not forgetting to put your number plates back on if they've been removed

Stanmore-11_zpse5b75f90.jpg

Stanmore-13_zpsb30ea314.jpg

6) At your own convenience, you and others can make your way up to Trackside Restaurant by 11.30am

Obey all road rules on the way to Trackside's address at corner of Manns Rd and Central Coast Hwy Gosford

See "SAU Celebrates R32 GTR 25th Anniversary Part B"

7) Spectators can hang around Starkey's to eat & watch proceedings or take a balcony view

* Donation Tin for Brain Cancer Research > Monies to go through Scott aka "portaz"

* Obey Camera Crew Leader "RMBLBE" if he needs you to move aside please.

Stanmore-4_zps06434eca.jpg

8) Videography will finish up by 10, so we can all make it up to Gosford.

* Thank you to Chris - Owner of Starkey's for putting on wonderful food at great prices - and letting us use the complex!

* Thank you Milan for donating your video expertise for free to the SAU.NSW Club!

* Thanks go to Performance Imports Mag & Performance Garage Mag for doing a feature on this!

Part 2 - Show and Shine

Day/Date:- Saturday 16th August

Time:- 11.30am carrying on from Part A at Stanmore earlier in the morning - Until 3.30pm

Venue:- Trackside Restaurant Gosford (Cnr Manns Rd and Central Coast Hwy)

Cost:- Lunch will be a set 3-Course meal at $32.90/head and you must pay a $15 deposit in the link below

* Link is here http://www.eventbrit...?aff=es2&rank=2

* If we have enough people registering, Rebecca the Restaurant Mngr will close the restaurant exclusively for us

* Limit of restaurant seats is set at 120

* 6 Prizes for the best BNR32s and yes, an R32 too. Rain I'm afraid, is out of my control. If it rains, we inspect under your petrol flap :P

So rock up here with your nice BNR32 or R32...

Great food and company > we create our own entertainment!

Pezhead-8.jpg

* Donation tin for Brain Cancer Research will have somehow travelled from Stanmore to here - see "portaz" ie Scott

Part 3 - Memorabilia

Many thanks go to some Sponsorship Money from

1) JLM at Rydalmere

2) Mystery sponsor yet to be announced.

...to facilitate shirts and extras...

...to commemorate this event!

In charge of merchandise will be 4 contacts in...

1) GoldZilla - Nick

2) RMBLBE - Milan

3) MR33YO - Jason

4) Redline_GTR - Chris

More posts are expected to appear from these "Go-to" guys about what you can buy.

Part of any profits will go to SAU.NSW (not for profit) for the running of the club eg track days that run at a loss + Brain Cancer Research (charity)

Support your club!

More announcements to follow....

Cheers

Andrew

• 3 weeks later...

We're hoping that...

* MOTOR Magazine will probably cover this event too

* Performance Imports Magazine (confirmed)

* Performance Garage Magazine (confirmed)

Alright guys, we're planning on shooting a promotional video for the event this Saturday ( 28th June ) at 9am at Starkeys. We're in search for a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 6 mint R32 Skylines to be part of this video. Participants will get a copy of the video and photos as well :) Interested parties can PM me (RMBLBE), Terry (Terry_GT-R34), Jason (MR33YO) or Chris (Redline_GTR) with your EOI and if possible a photo of your R32 and we will get back to you with the rest of the details :)

Thanks for the kind words Anthony

honestly It doesn't really compare to all the classy ones in Sydney

we're just a small pond in Canberra and your a good friend mate

I'm humbled you think it's that nice tho

:cheers:

Aw shucks, that video will not pick up dirt behind the petrol flap, grime in the looms, stone chips on the lower lip, cracks in the wiper blades, sun scalds on the steering wheel, a missing wheel nut etc...

We'd be privileged if you bring it!

Thanks for the kind words Anthony

honestly It doesn't really compare to all the classy ones in Sydney

we're just a small pond in Canberra and your a good friend mate

I'm humbled you think it's that nice tho

:cheers:

Agree to Disagree :cheers:

You can't go past Richards 32 for that RMBLBE......

Stoked to have Richard drive up from Canberra for this. We've got 2 more spots if you'd like to come along as well Anthony :w00t: ??

I pushing my mechanic to get my car back for this. If i have it back (i should) i will most likely cruise up with S!n. As nice as mine is it isn't on the level of Richards. She polishes up alright though ;)

Twill be lovely to see 2 ACT plates :)

Brekkie on at 8 if you can w8.

Might have to suffer some hypoglycaemia on the way up tho' unless in Canberra they sell things called "bananas" :P