SAU Community

Nistune Ecu Options

stock stagea

Hey guys just a couple of quick questions. Should I buy a back up computer for my stagea and get that done by nistune. I haven't delt with nistune before, how long do they usually take to install and get my ecu back to me. And finally once I have it installed how hard is it to sell my current ECU. Or does anyone have a nistuned ECU for an auto s2 c34 that they want to sell????? ;)

You can get places like Hills Motorsports to fit the Nistune if you don't want to send it off. There are other places who can install the board and base image as well but you need to do a little research on the Nistune site.

Thanks for the info. I have checked out the nistune site and read every page 5 times hahaha. I just don't know all the little things like what sort of turn around time they have, how accurate the base image/tune is. What I am really trying to find out is should I buy another ECU send that to nistune, get all the other bits and pieces together then get it tuned. Or do I get the nistune done with base tune to the mods I already have then upgrade tune on dyno with a tuner. I was thinking about using Just Engine Management in ingleburn to do the final tune.

Nistune won't give you a base tune to suit your mods.

It will be exactly the same as stock once the Nistune board is installed.

Then the tuner can change the map to suit.

Nistune don't tune cars. They make and sell the hardware and software so cars can be tuned.

Nistune won't give you a base tune to suit your mods.

It will be exactly the same as stock once the Nistune board is installed.

Then the tuner can change the map to suit.

Nistune don't tune cars. They make and sell the hardware and software so cars can be tuned.

Thanks Ben, that is exactly what I needed to hear.

Currently only have pod filter, splitfire coils, 3" turbo back exhaust, radiator air deflector. As for the power goals I don't want too much more but was thinking hi flow turbo, nistune. If I have to maybe injectors and fuel pump if needed.

It is time to take a deep breath and work out what you really want from the car before making the next step.

If you are making the jump to modify then you will most likely need a FMIC, boost controller, Nistune, hiflow turbo or decent aftermarket, decent catalytic converter, fuel pump and bigger injectors.

If you are prepared to live with the stock turbo you can leave out the bigger injectors and possibly the fuel pump but I would still make sure the rest is done.

Take your time deciding because every time you change your mind it costs more money to R&R parts and then you need to pay to retune.