SAU Community

#6 Sydney Skyline Cruise - Bateau Bay (Edit)

smiik33

Hey Guys! Im new to SAU although my passion is GTR's i have yet had the chance to own one :( nevertheless i thought id introduce my self as i met someone last night at La Perouse who mentioned something about a Skyline cruise happening today, would have loved to come but unfortunately got work commitments. My name is Steve Ezzeddine, im a photographer and i love Skylines. I thought id take this opportunity to let everyone know that next cruise i will definitely be coming along to take some good shots!

:D

Thanks and have a great cruise

Thanks guys....... Had a great day.... Sorry I couldn't make the last part of the journey to Patonga but I had to get home.

Here are a few of my crappy iPhone pics and I'm already looking forward to the next run.

Cheers,

Bob

Nice photo Bob, and that ADM R32 looks great.

The first half of the trip was wonderful.

That off-road part really surprised me tho... Like.. RRRRRREEEEEEEAAAAAAALLLLLLLLY...

TBH I did freak out a bit, when I finished the off-road part I was about to cry.

It had all sorts of crazy noises around the car even after we head back on normal road.

But after almost an hour of high way road all the noises have gone, the wind must blew all the sands, dust and small rocks away, hope there is nothing wrong with the car.

Still... a great day with a bit of terrifying.

• Like 2

Hey everyone, thank you all so much for coming along. I really had a great time and I'm hoping everyone enjoyed it as much as I did =) I do apologize for springing the off road section up on everyone. My heart was in the right place and I hope you all realized that. I promise there won't be any off road sections in future cruises.

Although we didn't hit the 40 cars target, a great show of numbers and all great looking cars. Bob, I appreciate you and your friend bringing the ADM's. I know it hurts to put some mileage on those cars. "Edifier," my sincerest apologies to you and your car =( Though I am glad you came along and showed her off =) Hope to see you and everyone else at the next cruise!

Some of the shots I took from the day

post-127471-14010099404839_thumb.jpg

post-127471-14010099533703_thumb.jpg

post-127471-14010099667757_thumb.jpg

post-127471-14010099845942_thumb.jpg

post-127471-14010100188278_thumb.jpg

post-127471-14010100322446_thumb.jpg

post-127471-1401010052479_thumb.jpg

post-127471-14010100659212_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Hey guys!

Was nice day today - the offroad - a bit worrying... Overall nice...

Next one - lets look for a place to shoot the cars overlooking the ocean... will be nice... hehehe

Cheers to all!

Great day, good company good cars and good locations cant ask for more :) and ill speak for all when i say, we know you meant well but never again lol

Ill post my pics soon

• Like 2

Was a great trip guys. Photos will be linked here soon. Uploading it as I reply this now. what do you mean offroad was terrifying? Hehehe wasn't a problem for me!! just kidding.

Okiee... Here's the link to the photos. ;)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152580304327787.1073741842.626252786&type=1&l=f3b95bffca

Edited by gavanchua
  • Like 2

Yeah it was a great day, good bunch of people too, I got to have a chat to pretty much everyone and they were all really friendly. Already been looking into an ARB raising kit for the next cruise haha jk Danny. Got a couple of pics so I'll chuck them on but thanks for a great day everyone

Also was good to see that VR36 there too it's a really nice looking car, I hope your little one didn't make too much of a mess in the back haha

post-95739-140106560033_thumb.jpg

Go home Honda you're drunk

post-95739-14010656296603_thumb.jpg

post-95739-1401065642552_thumb.jpg

post-95739-14010656695584_thumb.jpg

post-95739-1401065686926_thumb.jpg

post-95739-14010657036527_thumb.jpg

post-95739-14010657203736_thumb.jpg

post-95739-14010657390472_thumb.jpg

post-95739-14010657570255_thumb.jpg

post-95739-14010657713174_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

At JLM ATM, things are not looking good, all sorts of cracks and bents around body , the front bumper and lip crecked, rear diffuser bented now. Going to have a look under the car now., hope nothing mechanically wrong.

Were you guys given Google Maps of the route as recommended in Post #2?

Any warnings given about off-road section?

Any consideration via pre-planning for low slung cars?

In fact, any briefing offered at the outset?

Receiving multiple PMs of complaint (at Exec level) has not been good. :ermm:

I heard about risky overtaking at the previous cruise down the Megalong > didn't want to be part of this one...

Eugene aka JDM Performance can be PM'd about a replacement front splitter Jun. He's got a couple spare.

• Like 1

Was at JLM with Jun earlier - The rear exhaust flange was hit hard - and bend the rear flange... car been left there to check further if that would impact anything else to the system... The rear diffuser - bent as well as the flat part of the diffuser bent and scratched pretty badly... Front Lip chipped paint and the part where it locks to the bumper cracked...

Overall the trip was ok in the beginning - But the offroad section we were not informed off - I think that was the main issue as we all were not informed, we could have chosen not to participate in the offroad section...

Also would have needed a sweeper that knows the locations at the back of the group... That would help in avoiding people from getting lost.. Jun, My friend Gavan and myself was left behind after lunch, was slow as i had to put my kid into the car seat and Jun was blocked by another car - Gavan and myself waited for Jun before we joined back with the group further up - we just did a guess and drive moment there...

Either way - after much consideration, i just wanted to mention the above so that the next cruise could be arranged better...

Was at JLM earlier. Saw the blue vspec2. Didn't look good. Could had been avoided if we did not head the offroad section. Infact there should have been a choice given to those that attended the cruise if we wanted to head off road or not.