SAU Community

R32 Gts-T Rb25 Track Car

Gday,

Have owned this car for around 6 months now, as im starting to have more time im now working on it so thought i would start a thread.

A few details on the car:

1989 GTS-T type M

RB25 and gearbox from a R33 installed by Nismo performance Melbourne

Blitz Front mount intercooler

Unknown bigger turbo

Unknown bigger injectors

GTR drivers seat

Unknown heavy clutch

BC coil overs front and rear

Other upgraded suspension components

Z32 brakes front and rear (the 30mm aluminium type)

GTR front

Correct type-M kit minus front

The plan with this car is to turn it into a drift/track car that i can use in multiple events at my leisure. Has some hail damage on the roof and bonnet so will more than likely wrap those black.

To do list as follows:

Complete front facing plenum install

If the injectors flow to 700 stick them back in after a service, it not buy new ones

New plugs

Check that it has a new N1 pump in it (as was told it did)

Check timing belt

Move battery to boot

Adjust existing intercooler for front facing plenum

Check all suspension components

Remove Hi-cas

Remove interior and put in fixed back seat

New oils

Drop off to JEM for computer install and tune

Alignment

Enjoy!

Big list but do-able. Will be taking my time and working on it when i can. Will have it done within the year even if i have to take time off work to finish it!

Now some pics,

As i bought it:

T2eC16ZHJG8FGsfrLrBSLCTpV-LQ48_20.jpg

Drift appropriate wheels:

20131221_155737.jpg

Engine bay:

247-1.jpg

Current interior:

photo19.jpg

photo41.jpg

Have these to go in:

IMG_2507.jpg

Genuine:

IMG_8110.jpg

As it sits, currently

Fouled plugs:

photo10-1.jpg

Unknown injectors, either standard or Nismo 420 or 740:

photo9-1.jpg

Engine bay, currently changing over what i need to onto the Ebay special front facing plenum with fuel rail and 80mm throttlebody:

photo5-1.jpg

photo6-1.jpg

Well thats it to start, will update this as i go.

Cheers

Looks good mate. They look like Nismo injectors, prettyhuh sure standards are purple. I bought a R32 with rb25 from Melbourne a while ago that I think was done by Nismo (or Nispro?) Performance and it didn't have a mod plate. Vic roads had the rb25 engine number listed, so they either didn't know any better or didn't care

No engineer certificate, however just like you Bushy the RB25 engine number is listed on the rego papers! Didnt think cars from Vic needed a mod plate!

Thinking they might be Nismo injectors. Early results from the injector flow test/ flush/ service was 600mil over the minute with gummed up, bad condition injectors. Great news there, seems like they might be the 740mil Nismo items! Will get the results next week on the correct flow.

Will be moving the battery to the boot, is the any advantage for weight distribution to put the battery on the passenger side or drivers side?

Thanks mate, my thoughts too.

Purchased a new metal manifold gasket, rocker cover gasket, will get some replacement hoses and a fuel filter while im at it!

Started research on spark plugs at the moment, trying to figure out the best balance of cost v replacement time for a track car. Also thinking along the same lines for oil.

Picked up the injectors today, ended up flowing to 800, well 790mil! They have been flowed, still not sure what brand they are however they have the flow, probably more, than i need so theres some money saved!

Could be Deatschwerks injectors, they make a 750cc side feed with purple cap, either way it doesn't really matter ha.

On the battery, I put mine on passenger side simply so fuel pump wiring wouldn't get in the way. It means the positive cable will need to be sightly longer, but that can be neatly cable tied to the rear strut brace.

• Like 1

haha no probs, had a few parts rock up today so hopfully will have a bit of time to work on the car and get the plenum on. Have a mate down at the Matsuri this weekend, very jealous and more fuel for me to get the car done!

• 2 weeks later...

Putting all the heater hoses back on, whats a way around this to stop it happening? Thought about shortening the hose, but im guessing it would still kink.

Ideas?

20140513_174251.jpg

Thanks mate, if only i had more time!

Not too fussed on power to be honest. I should be able to ring out 250/300 or so but not too sure on how these are for power (have been v8s up until now and still have one in the shed!)

As long as its fast enough to get me sideways, around cones and up hills quickly haha

Will be an all out track car, no rego, no interior and forever the money pit.

Should have the plenum on by the end of the weekend too, will post up how i go!

Edited by Strick.

Weekend update.

Ended up buying this:

20140517_173055.jpg

So started on that whilst i have the plenum off. Need to buy another two right angle fittings, filter stud adapter, oil pressure sender to get that done. Once ive done that, the plenum is ready to go on.

Ended up taking off the intercooler piping, turns out to be Blitz piping to match the intercooler so will either adapt that or sell it off. Feel like ive taken a few steps back as i wanted the plenum on this weekend but will keep at it. Think its a good idea to have an oil cooler on this motor as it will see some high rev use!!

Can anyone help out with the ID of these parts and turbo. Have no idea what it is, looks small and chinese haha

20140518_143924.jpg

20140518_1453111.jpg

20140518_151031.jpg

Any idea where these should go? They wernt hooked up at all

20140518_145620.jpg

Confirmed the Z32 AFM too

20140518_145235.jpg

So this is how the bay now looks, much more to do, so little time......

20140518_152714.jpg

The first pic looks like some kind of boost controller (could be wrong though).

Those lines are for the carbon canister (the black cylinder thing) one goes to the inlet manifold and one to the fuel tank breather, its for emissions so just get rid of it if its going to be a track car

Edited by Bushy

Actually one probably goes to the intake pipe not the manifold (don't want the canister pressurized under boost), I can't quite remember. Either way get rid of it

Edited by Bushy