SAU Community

Turbo Dump Pipe Rb25Det

Mine are the best. Followed by every other custom fabricator in Australia. Then Tomei, and the very last in the list is the one you will probably buy, the Just Jap dump. :P

No bellmouth is best. Go external gate even better.

yeah there's a few....i'm just a lazy f**ker. i'll be changing my turbo in the future anyway...i'm really just wondering if the gain was going to be worth it in the short term...even if its just a cheapo dump...

If you mean dump and front pipe yes...great cheap mod...if you mean just the dump.pipe itself, its not going to make bugger all difference if you dont change the front pipe as well...so if you are looking at one of those shitty eBay split dumps dont bother...more important is to change your front pipe to a 3inch..or get a bellmouth style dump/front pipe from just jap...but the 3 inch front pipe from dump to cat is most important

yeah I know, it's just I'm having a difficult time believing the OP is still running the stock dump an front pipe. I was under the impression he has already added other mods, when the dump/ exhaust is usually one of the first things that gets changed.

I ran a split dump from Redline:

http://www.redlineperformance.co.nz/products/exhaust/front-dump-pipes/nissan/nissan-skyline-rb20-25det-front-exhaust-pipe/

although people will tell you to buy a bellmouth. Maybe the Just Jap ones are no good but I had no problems with the Redline one.

Now I have a custom set-up from Sinco Customs in Hamilon for my RB30.

yeah I know, it's just I'm having a difficult time believing the OP is still running the stock dump an front pipe. I was under the impression he has already added other mods, when the dump/ exhaust is usually one of the first things that gets changed.

I have a 3" exhaust from the turbo dump to a coby 3" resonator then to a 3" RPS straight through muffler. If i go for the turbo dump/frontpipe all in one i'll have to modify my exhaust.

HDI do a nice stainless 3 inch dump to factory 3 bolt flange. Just Jap sold one to a customer of mine a while back, it looked pretty good when I saw it today. The middle two bolts are a pita to get to in-situ of course, I just removed the turbo with the dump pipe attached.

I have a 3" exhaust from the turbo dump to a coby 3" resonator then to a 3" RPS straight through muffler. If i go for the turbo dump/frontpipe all in one i'll have to modify my exhaust.

yeah as long as you have 3inch from dump back, thats all you need really...I doubt there is much to be gained from changing it..

If you mean dump and front pipe yes...great cheap mod...if you mean just the dump.pipe itself, its not going to make bugger all difference if you dont change the front pipe as well...so if you are looking at one of those shitty eBay split dumps dont bother...more important is to change your front pipe to a 3inch..or get a bellmouth style dump/front pipe from just jap...but the 3 inch front pipe from dump to cat is most important

A proper split front pipe is fine.

A proper split front pipe is still gay.

FYP.

Understand, the wastegate isn't open a lot of the time, so not only do you have a tiny pipe off the turbine, you are wasting the flow the gate pipe can supply also.

Bellmouth wins with response every time on internal gate turbos, if you must run one. I can't stand most internal gate setups personally.

FYP.

Understand, the wastegate isn't open a lot of the time, so not only do you have a tiny pipe off the turbine, you are wasting the flow the gate pipe can supply also.

Bellmouth wins with response every time on internal gate turbos, if you must run one. I can't stand most internal gate setups personally.

It depends on what type of split. I've seen plenty of shit ones, but also plenty of good ones.

Things could have changed by now, but years ago a split front was the rage and they cost an arm and a leg.

I understand what you're saying about the gate and how it could disrupt and hinder airflow and cause lag. Just like some china turbos were internally gated but had no flap so it opened up before the blade.

Mine isn't laggy, holds boost and is fine 8 years on.