SAU Community

Trubo Manifold For Rb25 Neo

Its been welly argued before. My bias is currently on the manifold as it produced better results, of course unless results proven other wise.

lol....I know its just fun arguing about it cause i wish you would leave those poor old manifolds alone :P

Until there is an impartial better test I would say it's still unconfirmed which is better.

But who can be f**ked and who really cares that much!

yes I don't believe I have ever seen any definitive results either way despite Staos claims.And the modifed hosuing design he used wasnt very good from memory....either way I honestly don't believe one is any better than the other from a performance point if view..

But as Scotty states, creating a modified new part is always going to be more foolproof than modifying an old one...the stock manifold has been through enough already to last this long, its already prone to twisting and warping, why weaken it anymore by drilling holes in it when the performance gains are non existent..

I think people just get all precious when it comes to modifying (read drilling a hole in) that new turbo they just paid 1k plus for...but turbine housings are easily replaced with new items...RB manifolds, well they don't make those anymore do they!

performance wise it would be better to remove wastegate-bound exhaust gas from the manifold at or near the collector. Once it has been forced into the turbine housing you've already lost some power.

The question is how much of a difference would it really make? a slight EGT drop? a small increase in timing in the top end? higher boost capability? less boost taper?

All of these are good things.

ARTZ am I missing something? this would be fundamentally better given all else is equal; but have we known one to fail yet or are we speculating?

Edited by Blackkers