SAU Community

Trubo Manifold For Rb25 Neo

Hi all. Have been looking at upgrading my factory exhaust manifold so I can run a exturnal gate to control boost better. Currently run factory manifold and factory turbo been hi flowed and steel wheel fitted. Made 358hp@wheels on 21 pound and falls off boost back to 15psi at 5300rpm. So has potential to make well into the 400 mark if I can sort out waste gate. Been looking at this manifold for a few weeks and like the fact that it keeps everything in the std position. Due to the fact I run the engine in a torana there is no room to move anything outwards. Has anyone else used this manifold from Hybird in New Zealand. If so can you please let me know what you think of it. Thanks Dave

post-96233-0-19220100-1397967698_thumb.jpg

I'm not really keen to have chunks of shit go through my turbo, as has been reported with hybrid manifolds.

What do you have against gate on housing?

• Like 1

Thats why I was after feedback on this manifold. Not keen on the turbo waste gate set up as the welds can crack and there goes your turbo.

When has that ever happened?

I suppose if you get a retard to weld it that might happen.

I am running a wastegate off my turbo housing and so do many people. Much cheaper than getting a new manifold (in your case - in mine I have a new manifold as well). Welds that are done properly by competent welders will not crack.

The new Kando 12cm GT30 housings look great externally gated... ;)

I have modified plenty of rear housings over the years and never had a failure, with cast iron or stainless Tial housings. Every single car I have seen tuned with the gate setup like this has exceeded expectations on the dyno. I have seen over 430kw through the stock manifold with this design so far. If you can find a decent fabricator, save you cash and copy this, but make sure you die grind it all smooth internally afterwards. It's the critical point in you whole setup where exhaust gas speed is fastest.

Or you could just send your housing and gate to me... :P

post-63525-0-92383300-1397998247_thumb.jpg

Just had a read at that post and noticed that Stato has a external gate set up welded to the factory manifold. Has Scotty tooled up for this mod yet??? i would be very keen to look at this option instead of the gate off the turbo. If so how much to do this mod Scotty?? Manifold external waste gate???

Why are you so keen for gate on manifold but not onto turbo? They are the same material so your initial concern of cracking still exists?

Don't be shy to hack up your exhaust housing!

Personally I would go on the housing because it's easier to remove.

^ This. The housing is much easier to die grind internally, and the flow is vastly improved using the 90 degree bend, rather than just drilling a hole and welding a pipe at a 90.

Much less chance of cracks and heat expansion on the housing, plus it is cheaper and easier to swap if it ever does let go.

I much prefer welding to the housing, so much that I won't weld to a manifold anymore. Welding to old cast iron, or any used exhaust component is a pain as the carbon gets into the weld, even after it's cleaned thoroughly.

The new Kando 12cm GT30 housings look great externally gated... ;)

I have modified plenty of rear housings over the years and never had a failure, with cast iron or stainless Tial housings. Every single car I have seen tuned with the gate setup like this has exceeded expectations on the dyno. I have seen over 430kw through the stock manifold with this design so far. If you can find a decent fabricator, save you cash and copy this, but make sure you die grind it all smooth internally afterwards. It's the critical point in you whole setup where exhaust gas speed is fastest.

Or you could just send your housing and gate to me... :P

Do this...

Just had a read at that post and noticed that Stato has a external gate set up welded to the factory manifold. Has Scotty tooled up for this mod yet??? i would be very keen to look at this option instead of the gate off the turbo. If so how much to do this mod Scotty?? Manifold external waste gate???

I have tested both methods and this method is most effective, or perhaps I might have missed some thing on other evaluations conducted earlier. Results are in later pages.

I can only drill out the wholes, which is just $100 to set it up and mill. I won't be able to do any welding work. Or you can see if Scotty can do it all together saving sending it back n forward.

I need to guarantee my welds to some extent, and I don't think that is possible welding to an old cast manifold. I have had issues with old used turbo housings too. I much prefer an unused housing to weld a gate to as the carbon hasn't impregnated the cast iron.

I can certainly weld it though, as can any fabricator, but there is no way to clean up the inside with a die grinder if welding to the manifold.

I have tested both methods and this method is most effective, or perhaps I might have missed some thing on other evaluations conducted earlier. Results are in later pages.

BS....