SAU Community

Exhaust Question

baysideblue14

Ok need some words of advice here,

I currently own a r34 gtt, which has a 3 inch front pipe, hi flow cat and 3 inch apexi cat back exhaust. I am not happy with the 3 inch exhaust as it is off a gtr and sits very low and scrapes over any little bump in the road.

So anyway I have a 3.5 inch fujitsubo cat back exhaust sitting in the garage, it does not bolt up to the cat because the flange is too big for it. I am looking to upgrade the turbo to a hypergear high flow, bigger pump and injectors etc..

Should I:

1. Fit the 3.5 inch cat back to the 3 inch system already on the car, will this effect sound, performance by much?
  2. Remove the 3 inch system fit the 3.5 inch cat back and have a 3.5 inch dump pipe, front pipe and hi flow cat made up/bought? Is a 3.5 inch system over kill for my setup?

Any serious advice is appreciated.

Cut and reweld the brackets holding the current 3" system so it sits higher, and exhaust shop could do this or if you have a welder you could do it yourself, alot cheaper and makes more sense than having to stuff around with flanges to attempt fitting a 3.5" cat back...

3" is plenty for the flow youll get out of a highflow turbo too

Cut and reweld the brackets holding the current 3" system so it sits higher, and exhaust shop could do this or if you have a welder you could do it yourself, alot cheaper and makes more sense than having to stuff around with flanges to attempt fitting a 3.5" cat back...

3" is plenty for the flow youll get out of a highflow turbo too

This is spot on