SAU Community

Rebuild Kit Rb25Det

Hey guys i am looking at rebuilding my rb25det. Has about 260,000 on the clock and i want to build it for 450w but i am aiming at 350rwkw thats the power goal is anyways.

Can any one recomand a good kit?i see spool dose one if anyone else can recomand me one be great.

Dots it actually need a rebuild?

I would just start a rebuild on another engine and thrash yours.

You don't need a kit,there's not that much you need to buy.

Yeah it can be done on stock internals but given yours has quite a few km's on it it would probably be a good idea to rebuils or build a new engine on the side. I got all my forged internals and bearings in a kit from Spool, they were fine

If your gonna use e85 350 will be no problem and safe on your stock engine and if 98 300 will be fine. Of ourse this is assuming the motor is still going well so good comp, no blow by etc. even 350 on 98 isnt that crazy if the tune and everything else is good espcially if only a street car.

If your gonna use e85 350 will be no problem and safe on your stock engine and if 98 300 will be fine. Of ourse this is assuming the motor is still going well so good comp, no blow by etc. even 350 on 98 isnt that crazy if the tune and everything else is good espcially if only a street car.

'Safe' Might not be the right choice of words lol

Its generally doable, but it does depend on a few things like the tune, the condition of the engine etc

If you are going to rebuild the engine anyway, stick the money in a bank account and thrash this engine till it lets go. Grab another block and do that up if you are worried.

Where are you located? If you have e85 nearby the engine should last for a fair while at that sort of power...

• Like 1

'Safe' Might not be the right choice of words lol

Its generally doable, but it does depend on a few things like the tune, the condition of the engine etc

yeah thats why i mentioned assuming hes engine is decent with good comp and no blow by then yeah it is safe at 350kw providing the tune is good and you maintain the car properly.