SAU Community

Trying To Clear Check Engine Light 2003 V35

xlkent

I was palying with car i didnt plug MAFS back in properly drove car then relized i FKD UP..I plugged it back in properly i tyred to use my OBD11 Tool but it keeps coming up

LINKING ERROR...I was thinking of trying to clear it by discontecting battery or is it best to take to electrition n see if there tool can clear it..

I have just got into this type of car and learning thats why i tryed it .And new to this Forum....Ihave been into valiants for 30 yrs hyundai excels pug 206 gti .this is new ...We are not all experts ...Scotty...

It was a genuine question, he was hardly having a go at you!

And scotty gave you advice that will help.

Hopefully everyone let's previously being into excels slide ;)

Fare enough but i have joined some forums and because they know all they treat nebies like children,,Im a bouncer mate i dont like people talking down to me ..KEYBOARD HEROS I HATE..

...Thanks for help... But YOUTUBE works like always...lol

We are not all experts ...Scotty...

I never said you were, but a simple search in the correct V35 forum would have sorted you out quickly.

With the little amount of information you provided I am guessing you have a 2.5 or 3L? No OBD2 readers will work, as they aren't OBD2 compliant. (even though they have an OBD2 plug.) You can drop the battery terminal for 6 months and the fault will still be there, you either need to do the pedal dance to manually clear it, or use one of the limited units that will talk to your ecu, namely the Consult3 unit, Snap-on, Osirus or Launch Diagun. They are all fairly expensive but only the Consult3 will communicate with all the ecu's in the car.

Fare enough but i have joined some forums and because they know all they treat nebies like children,,Im a bouncer mate i dont like people talking down to me ..KEYBOARD HEROS I HATE..

...Thanks for help... But YOUTUBE works like always...lol

Youre the hero mate, just trying to help ffs.

I think I am supposed to get scared, more so than his keyboard antics warrant.

Fix it yourself, the hammer is over there mate.

To think... I was going to invite the bouncer here for an ecu reset on the Consult...

Ken, I'll give you a couple of tips.

If asking a v35 question, go to the v35 section. It will get answered quicker, and there is a great search function that would have answered your question if you used it.

Second. Nothing stirs "keyboard warriors" up like someone who try's to act tough over the internet. Nobody cares you're a bouncer. This is a car forum, not an nightclub. Leave the attitude behind.

Welcome, I hope you find the information on v35s helpful.