SAU Community

My Rb30Det Build Timing

I've recently built a rb25/30det slapper and I'm having troubles with the timing, I set the crank to tdc and set the cam gears to the marks and when I check it with a timing light it shows it roughly 40-50 degrees off tdc and I stuffed around with the cas and turned it all the way and still got 30 of tdc what could be my problem?

I have a tensioner above the water pump and a idler on the lower

You need to put a plug lead on to number one coil connect it to the plug and connect pickup to that. .

Disconnecting the tps should lock the timing the ecu is putting out to 15. It does vary to maintain idle, it varies a lot if the idle is high or unstable.

Do you have nistune or consult to view what timing the ecu is putting out?

With the light I just put it on the coil signal wire and I had a mate with a 25 and we tested his and it was fine. I'm just running it with a stock ecu until I know everything is fine because I was $1000 last time I took it for a tune, I have a haltech platinum

really? that sounds f**ked. the aac valve should have enough adjustment for your idle....turning the screw clockwise reduces the amount of air let in for idle (decrease rpm) and vice versa for increase.