SAU Community

R33 Gts-T Trustpe2 Too Quiet

I have an R33 GTS-T with BOS front pipe, Catco cat, Trust PE2 cat back and it is a bit too quiet. It is a full stainless steel system. I want it a bit louder. I was thinking of cutting out the muffler and putting in a bit of 3" pipe but after reading on here that would probably be too loud.

Is my only option, without getting a new catback, to cut out the old muffler and weld in a new smaller louder muffler?

If you do that mate it's going to sound like shit idling around town. going from 3" to 3.5" on the catback is the BEST option but if you want to do it on the cheap then chop out the muffler and see what happens

See if you can find someone to swap your exhaust for the Trust. Much better than cutting up a nice piece of exhaust!

Either swap, or have a center piece made up with no muffler in it, to swap in and out as your mood changes.

Id go for the HKS Hi-Power "Silent". Sounds awesome! I had a swappable center piece to put in for quiet times.

Personally though, the PEII i thought was only quiet putting around town. I used Lithium's PEII on my R33 to pass inspection, and with the GT30 it is anything but quiet giving it full bananas. lol.

My HKS + GT30 and decat:

Thanks gotRICE that's a good idea I might do that. Make a centre piece I can bolt in, probably be easier. I've had the car for about 2 years and it just needs a change, a bit more of a rumble would be nice. Your car sounds mean.

I would look for any "quietening" restrictions in the system first , look through the back muffler for neck downs and if you can in the mid muffler . Some Jap systems use smaller sized tube from the cat to the mid muffler so an alternative middle section could work . If you want it louder makes sense to lose any restrictions it may have .

A .