SAU Community

Feedback On Tune

Stock turbo dude, can see why it pinged to death.

umm just curious but why would it being a stock turbo make a difference? unless he's running smic? i would've thought timing and fuel would be his main issue here.

umm just curious but why would it being a stock turbo make a difference? unless he's running smic? i would've thought timing and fuel would be his main issue here.

That was in reply to John asking about when full boost hits. As it's a stock turbo it would be on full boost quite early, and there is a lot of timing in that area. (And pretty much everywhere)

• Like 1

you clowns obviously do not know how the ve on these things work, that tune looks kinda okay in the fuel maps and timing maps, if you look at a stock r33 bin image it actualy runs MORE timing up top!

ffs. ve on these things reference to another 2 places in the ecu to decide on the fueling.

now i am starting to understand why tuners lock their maps.

everyone starts somewhere....just like you did...not sure how you are coming across these are typed words after all.

for volumetric efficiency its a calculation between tps and maf voltage right?

you could tune that ecu with most values in that fuel map at 50.

this ecu does not use a maf, its map based.

it calculates the ve a number of ways, rpm, map, ect, iat, etc etc etc.

they are a really good ecu, ve is better on the autronic and adaptronic though.

ive tuned many haltech's and link's / vipec... and i rate the belovid Kiwi's link and vipec over the haltech on any application every day of the week.

the link is better, the software is great... everything is on one drop down menu on the left side.... and the software is very customisable to show what you like while tuning.

the haltech is great also, would prefer it over many other ecu's on the market. but i really rate Link / Vipec.

you could tune that ecu with most values in that fuel map at 50.

this ecu does not use a maf, its map based.

it calculates the ve a number of ways, rpm, map, ect, iat, etc etc etc.

they are a really good ecu, ve is better on the autronic and adaptronic though.

So the fuel map after 60kpa is not to blame? Running 12psi boost.

^ do you have a wideband installed on your vehicle? I suggest you do that (when you get a new motor).

It's the timing map you should be worried about, not so much the fuel map.. Yes AFR is an attribute to kapowing motors, but in this instance your timing map stands out.

I won't say much about your map in public, PM if you want me to explain.

the haltech is about $400 cheaper than the link here. but based on what you say sounds like the difference might be worth it.

are you comparing the same ecu ? plugin for plug in ? extreme vs ps2000???

that timing map is not the reason why this engine went bang. it is not an ideal map, but it aint going to hurt anything. it could have been tuned a bit harder.

i'm comparing the link g4+ plugin vs the haltech ps1000 plugin. i didn't think the timing was hugely wrong i just thought the fuel map looked like the tuner was in a hurry.