SAU Community

Tune Greddy Profec B Spec 2

hi guys,

i just got my boost controller.

i have a k&n drop in filter and 3''turbo back exhaust.

i want to tune it for 12-13 psi for the high boost.

i have come past the article on evo forum about how to tune it.

but i was just wondering if any one is who has the same set of mods and is running this boost controller as well give me their settings it would be easier.

thanks for the help.

@superben...i am not afraid of anything.but after reading through the stuff i realised that it will b pretty hard for me to get the perfect setup since i have never done it before.

so if anyone who perhaps is runing the same mods as me has it setup PROPERLY can give me their settings i have the most chance to get the near perfect setup haha.

if i cant i will try myself anyways.

The settings will vary greatly from car to car even with minor mods. Just make sure you have no boost leaks and increase the duty cycle doing 3rd gear pulls until you get the boost level you want. It's not that hard. The first time is actually pretty fun

Do you have a decent intercooler ? If you don't you'll be sorry. But if you have then proceed forward. Set your gain on 10. Set your set gain to 8. Set gain should always be about 4lb below your target boost. So set gain is an actual boost number. It will delay the waste gate opening till that point. Where as gain is a reference number and just a number to reference a range for the boost controller to work in.

Now set your boost. Turn the boost controller to 10 by simply turning the dial to 10. A quick drive in third gear and see what the boost is. Too low ? Turn it up to 15 then keep going till you achieve your desired boost. Once that is found you can play around with set gain by turning it up just a notch at a time to see if the boost will come on ealier but if it over boosts turn it back down again. There is no need to change Gain as 10 is pretty much perfect for most setups.

Good luck. Don't go over 12lbs boost for standard turbo. In fact, if your intercooler is standard leave it at 10lbs.

this is what i am following plus the one on the instruction manual---

The following steps should be taken in exactly this order, taking into consideration all of the previous information:
1. Change boost pressure units to psi if so desired (see manual).
2. Set WARNING to your desired boost pressure plus 1 psi (about 7 kPa) (see above).
3. Set START BOOST (SET GAIN) to your desired boost pressure minus 4 psi (about 28 kPa)(see above).
4. Clear PEAK boost value (see above).
5. Set LAST BOOST to ON (see above).
6. Set GAIN to 0 (see above).
7. Set SET to 30% (see above).
8. Set LIMITER to SET minus 4% (26% if you followed #7).
9. Test for boost falloff at high rpm. You should probably do this in a wide open area with no other cars nearby and preferably no cops. It is also good to have somebody in the car with you that can watch the gauge while you concentrate on not wrecking your car. If there is no boost falloff, then go to #10. If there is boost falloff, then increase the GAIN by 5% and test again. Keep in mind that when you increase the GAIN value, the corresponding boost that you will go up to will be higher even if you leave the SET value alone. Repeat until the boost pressure does not decrease, or until you feel surging. If you feel surging and the boost pressure still decreases (not sure if this is possible) then decrease to the last level that you did not feel surging at.
10. Increase SET by 2% and adjust LIMITER accordingly, then test again. Keep increasing by 2% until desired boost level is obtained.
11. Increase START BOOST (SET GAIN) by 1 increment and test until surging is felt or the WARNING level is hit and the display turns red, then decrease to the previous setting.

guy i tried the following settings but my boost only went up to 80 in 3rd gear and its in psi.

set 90%

gain15%

set gain 120

i dont under stand why i cant achieve higher boost is there something wrong with my connection or the solenoid?

i am uploading the picture in the next post.

well here are the pictures the first one shows the t piece which is connected to the line coming out of the blow off valve and the line that goes on to the boost controller.

the second picture is showing the connection of the solenoid.one part is connected to what i think is the actuator(sorry i am a newb) the other one is connected from the turbo pressure line i guess.

is this connection ok?

am i not able to acheive higher boost because of the tuning or the connection being wrong or faulty solenoid?

please any help.post-86840-0-25559900-1397762494_thumb.jpgpost-86840-0-69714400-1397762506_thumb.jpg

Do yourself and us a favour. Draw a sketch showing all the lines and connections. Random photos of small bore vac lines in an engine bay are useless. For example.....the BOV line. There is no reason to hook up to that line, and we can't see what is hooked up to it. So what are we supposed to say about it?

I assume the bov line is for the gauge pressure.

Op, do yourself an even bigger favour and just sell it.

Put money towards better more worthwhile mods.

alright this is the best i could do i am just unsure about what the other part of the slenoid is connected.one is connected with a line from the turbo(prollly turbo pressure source).the other one seems to be coming from a round thing thats just underneath that.i am not sure if its a waste gate.

any help will b greatly appriciated.

post-86840-0-18675200-1397799401_thumb.jpg

That all looks correct. The line connected to the BOV line is for the boost signal just for display. The connection at the turbo is the boost signal for control and the the other line from the solenoid definitely goes to the actuator. So your hookup is the same as the one shown on page 6 of the below instructions.

http://www.greddy.com/upload/file/PRofec_Bspec2.pdf

@gts boy ya man.so does that mean there is something wrong with the solenoid? bcz with

set 90%

gain15%

set gain 120

it only went up to 8 psi and the speed was 150.if there was a faulty solenoid will it give the readings and everything?

plus since i am an auto should i tune it in 2nd or 3rd?

thnxx

Solenoid could be faulty. Or it could be connected at the wrong ports on the valve itself. Signal from the turbo compressor side should be connected to the NO port. The wastegate actuator should be connected to the COM port. This is only true for internal wastegate situations (which you have). If the signal is connected to the NC port then things could go wrong.

Otherwise......your settings are way wrong. If it was working then set=90% should give massive boost (and a borked turbo). Gain at 15% is probably OK, but the start boost at 120 is 120 kPa, which is waaaaaaay too high. Even if it is in psi then it is 12 psi which is still too high. So, if it is set like that then it is simply not working.