SAU Community

400Hp Rb26 - Where To From Here?

It is most likely hoses on the wrong way after rebuild, go back and recheck your work

Has it worked at all in its current state, if so it could be a faulty solenoid, if not then check the hoses are right

To check actuators you have to apply air pressure at different levels and measure how far the arm has moved on both to make sure they have moved the same difference, manual bleed valve will not fix this, this will most likely not limit you to 16psi either

You will also need to check preload on the actuators, done the same way as above, but this time record the movement vs pressure appied, IIRC they should start to open about 2psi under what they should set at and be fully open about 7psi over, this is because they don't have the manifold pressure pushing the gate open internally, I could be a bit off with these as I haven't done it in a long time, and this is most likely the problem

Not enough air flow would result in over boosting as it doesn't have enough air to open the gates and shut gates means no bypass which gives to much boost

What happens if you turn off the boost controller

Not my work! It is connected now, just working on 16lb, not what I want it to be which is 20+.

Is there a way to diagnose a faulty solenoid. Can I force a signal into it and check it for, I dunno, clacking noises.

Switching it out for a known working one is the best/easiest way if you can get one

What does it make with the controller off, or if you put a joiner where the solenoid is

Has this boost controller worked prior to this or is it a new fit and never worked right

Switching it out for a known working one is the best/easiest way if you can get one

What does it make with the controller off, or if you put a joiner where the solenoid is

Has this boost controller worked prior to this or is it a new fit and never worked right

1. I dont have one and live handy to approximately no one (Country WA). Other wise a simple replace piece by piece would be the go.

2. NFI.

3. Well it is a bit of a saga. Used to work but only at 16lb because that is what I previously wanted to run. Wanted to screw the thing up now but now it turns out it wont build boost. If it is fkd then for exactly how long it has been like that is anyones guess. The thinking was it was the stock actuators that were the problem. Replacing them was supposed to fix any boost spike issues but clearly hasnt.

As I said the easiest and quickest way to problem solve this is to get a manual bc, pre set boost with a compressor ,plug it in and see if your car boosts to that level. If it does send the ebc away to get fixed. Just make sure knock and boost cut management can protects things in case. 1 hour job.

How exactly do you set a manual bleed valve with a compressor ?

And if you can do it that way how does it allow for the pressure in the manifold trying to push open the wastegate flap ?

With the controller turned off it should run up to wastegate pressure, what happens when you do that, or is that when you get 16psi ?

My guess is still the hoses have been done the wrong way, get the operators manual and double check their on the right way

it was a joke in response to this:

3. Well it is a bit of a saga. Used to work but only at 16lb because that is what I previously wanted to run. Wanted to screw the thing up now but now it turns out it wont build boost. If it is fkd then for exactly how long it has been like that is anyones guess. The thinking was it was the stock actuators that were the problem. Replacing them was supposed to fix any boost spike issues but clearly hasnt.

This may be the problem do you think?..and seeing it holds 22psi without the bc.

If you want more power, you need more boost. If you want more boost, then its time to start playing around with your EBC. Or get a different tuner that can actually diagnose these things.

If you run 22 psi on actuator pressure, then your problem is your EBC, thats it.

umm just one thing i had to have on my blitz sbc was a restrictor....if you look at the size of the pipe on the actuators and the size that the boost controller required...then you usually need a restrictor.

82? wow... my sbc is set to 60 for 16psi. the set figure is a ratio 0 being stock and 100 being maximum boost. i have my gain set to 25. 5 is the blitz recommendation for rb26dett.

I couldn't get more than 15 psi out of my GT3076R

problem was stock actuator (genuine Garrett)

replaced it with a 18 psi large can actuator from ATP Turbo

can get 26 out of it now

Has HKS actuators. I was told I needed to replace the stockers which I did. Still no more boost.

Has HKS actuators. I was told I needed to replace the stockers which I did. Still no more boost.

How much preload? Trent used to recommend 10mm as a starting point. Did you check they're operating in unison?