SAU Community

Twin Scroll Internal Gate Turbo Options

ARTZ

I don't think its fair to talk about twin scroll in light of gains over open, not at all. I believe it is more so a different result than it is an improvement as such.

The twin scroll will definitely bring boost on earlier but will also roll on/off smoother and give an overall more linear feel. Not everyone is into that, Owen's GTX is a good example. He and I had many a PM about that and it was honestly determined that he just wasn't happy with the twin scroll efforts. He much preferred the brute delivery of the open .82

In my own experience I am much the same. Not worried about smooth roll ons and how early it starts to make 'some' power. I am more concerned about how easily accessible power is and how hard it will pull at that point. For that I would say a good open housing will definitely deliver.

• Like 1

Artz

PM me your address, I'll send you my broken CT12a's after I rip them off the Snoarer, long as you're happy to pay the post

yeah that would be sweet....you broke them? just blown turbines I assume...

have you fixed your boost creep issue with the internal wastegate ?

Never really had boost creep problems, it's a back pressure issue. The exhaust housing I have is a little small for my RB30 with it's ported head, but I'm completely happy with the result I've got.......it's got easily enough HP for a road car (630 4whp) and the response is awesome. I could get more out of it if I changed to the larger housing, but I'm not going to bother.

• Like 1