SAU Community

Twin Scroll Internal Gate Turbo Options

ARTZ

cOMprehensiv insurance worth half ad much as 33..lol..

Scotty it seems my amazing ideas may have surpassed your skill level mate......so I had to find a new backyard fabricator, he says he can weld my manifold with a mig and some old galvinized fencing rail he had laying about his yard without removing it from the car....thus saving me money and time....

Fixed :P

Such a great car :drools:

Moving up? Could be seen as moving down.

Those who believe material objects determine social hierarchy sit on a lower rung in my books. C63s appeal to those people, and their cardboard cut out friends/partners :yes:

• Like 1

I was referring to build quality/nuts performance and a solid luxurious base over the faggotry of some that comes with a badge but anyway lol

OP I think the backyard bob fence wire job might not be a smart idea :P

Moving up? Could be seen as moving down.

Those who believe material objects determine social hierarchy sit on a lower rung in my books. C63s appeal to those people, and their cardboard cut out friends/partners :yes:

nothing to do with posing OR social hierarchy.. you've met me I'm as bogan as an asian can be LOL..

I like the power delivery, the noise, the performance, the capable laptimes FACTORY...

same way I like EVOS, however they break transfer cases, especially with a nut job like me behind the wheel.

nothing to do with posing OR social hierarchy.. you've met me I'm as bogan as an asian can be LOL..

I like the power delivery, the noise, the performance, the capable laptimes FACTORY...

same way I like EVOS, however they break transfer cases, especially with a nut job like me behind the wheel.

Yeah I know you don't want it for wank factor, I am raising my fist in protest 'just because'.

They are nice, they sound good and go better..... But wankers drive them LOL

Kind of like holdens :P yeah an LS1 is sort of cool, the cars actually do look OK, but FML the following they get from bogans totally ruins them.

ARTZ shhhhhh theres no twin scroll JZ here anymore.

ARTZ shhhhhh theres no twin scroll JZ here anymore.

Lolz....3 pages in and not one suggestion....wheres Stao, surely he should of built me something by now.....

why? because the stock manifolds can be merged into a twin scroll is why...so it could be an incredibly neat and simple package that offers great response for minimal buck and effort....

I mean some guy is using an RB25 manifold on an RB26. :blink: and thats a good idea, but he could of easily done the same merging 2 GTR manifolds into a big twin scroll for a similar and possibly even better result....

But apparently I have no idea what I am doing and should buy a C63 :/

I hope your not disappointed, I wasted $$$ on my twin scroll low mount setup and couldn't have just dropped a RB30 in for the win,

Can only get so much response from a small motor, just saying.

Maybe you wasted too much money on it, but with the 6 boost and all and wastegate and fabrication an turbo it was over the top for the result it was going to achieve..

my whole point is, my idea involves a 2000$ turbo and a simple pipe joining 2 manifolds together.....and would possibly get the same result as you did from what I am guessing was well over 3ks worth of equipment...

and the only reason it requires a 2000$ turbo is because nobody here has been able to suggest a cheaper option...

Maybe you wasted too much money on it, but with the 6 boost and all and wastegate and fabrication an turbo it was over the top for the result it was going to achieve..

my whole point is, my idea involves a 2000$ turbo and a simple pipe joining 2 manifolds together.....and would possibly get the same result as you did from what I am guessing was well over 3ks worth of equipment...

and the only reason it requires a 2000$ turbo is because nobody here has been able to suggest a cheaper option...

yep, $4k to go backwards over a stocky with a GTX3076, the simple combo worked best, that twin scroll manifold was a lot bigger than the stocky manifold, I think it slowed down the gases a lot and cancelled out the twin scroll effects if there were any.

yes well that means nothing alot of people make RBs look like ass too and dont make any power..... I'm sure I could make it look fine, as I said it would be mounted low not high, and tucked away under a heatshield...so how a bunch of people have done a shitty looking job means nothing to me cause my plan. It would not even be seen.. I would not be doing it with something too large like a Gt35 that is destined for fail without a big manifold.....Gtx30 would be fine...unfortunately they dont have an internal.gate twin scroll option and while a two external gate is a possibility...its too much pipework to be viable...

How it works however is something I am getting mixed reports on...some.are saying it's no good, others are saying it works fine...unfortunatelt only results I have found are a gt3076 making 260kws at on pulp at 16psi...which is reasonable...

So If I could tuck for eg a EFR 7064 under there , and crank out a responsive 300kws or so on E85 for a small outlay of around 2500$ in turbo thay still remains omewhat hidden from view, I'd say that's pretty good value...As Angryrb said the simple options works best and this is a very simple option

haha thats something different and definately food for though..Remembering.I am not using a T3 manifold though, its a twin stock JZ manifolds, think like a GTR with a joiner pipe and by the time I add a turbo and 2 gates Im well over 2k which EFR price.. it would be easyier just to weld flanges on my J-pipe if i was going the twin gate route anyway..

i do like it though :cheers:

Somebody needs to try that ATP shit on an RB, just need to modify the stock manifold to be a true T3 twin scroll.

Dave when I was looking into this I also was considering a factory twin scroll item. The shape of the evo ports are a PITA but it could be done. Check these out:

http://shopping.kinugawaturbo.com/turboflangemitsubishievo89exhaustmanifold.aspx

http://shopping.kinugawaturbo.com/t4dividedturbomanifoldinletflangemildsteel-1-1-1-2-4.aspx