SAU Community

Twin Scroll Internal Gate Turbo Options

ARTZ

yeah for the 1jz....figure if i can merge the stock manifolds into a twin scrolll should yield some decent results in a tidy package...

heaps of external gate options but trying to keep it simple for packaging sake...something i can mount low under a stock looking heat shield would be nice...

I did think of the EVO turbo actually, Think it could work ok?

Not by joining the two factory manifolds...ive seen nothing but rubbish results doing it that way.

Won't be atrue twin scroll anyway.

I'd either have a log manifold made up, or if you want it standard looking. Either find a hks t3g setup (good luck) or have stao rebuild the ct12a's

..it will be true twin scroll if merged properly....3 cylinders into each scroll

have seen twin ct12 results and they aren't flash...though stock they do make quite a bit of power...but they are pricey.. 1000 each for hiflows...so theres 2 k that would buy me a 7670 that could make 400kws..whether or not this would be possible with those stock manifolds I don't know..but if 400kws can be pushed through an RB log I dont see why its not plausible.

..it will be true twin scroll if merged properly....3 cylinders into each scroll

True but 3 cylinders will be firing through the worlds worst turbo manifolds in existence. ...they are laughable...if you dont believe me pull them off and have a look.

One result that stands out is a 1j manual soarer with a gt30..peak boost 20psi at 5500rpm or later and made 230rwkws and just would not take anymore than a few degrees timing...there was no doubt other issues..but still...I will happily enjoy my etm manifold when it arrives

Having said all that, I have seen a full weight JZZ30 auto (standard converter) run mid 11's on the factory ct12'a and a good tune

in a cressy that is 300kgs lighter, It would be a weapon

woah!!! didnt realize a JZZ30 was that heavy...

theres one cressida running 11s on stock turbs...10s with nos....hes selling most of his setup at the moment actually....if only i had some play cash

I will be sticking with the stockies for a while anyway ,probably just try tune them for e85.....twin scroll thing was just an idea running through my head...

get a good dump pipe

makes a huge difference

haha, yeah thats what he was selling...I'll get Scotty to knock me one up later..

that and i have some 750cc injectors and Eflex sensor...assuming my old tin tank isn't full of rust...

was about the only mods i have planned for the near future...

yeah that idea was considered, i also considered twin gates off the j-pipe as well into a twin scroll tdo6h ...but with both its too messy and too much work It would be easier and more beneficial to go with a proper manifold...

a simple J pipe into twin scroll IG turbo is the only option I am willing to entertain, that way if its a flop I could easy swap to better manifold and keep the turbo

I would have loved a BW turbo & full race manifold too.. but when both items cost as much as your car x2.. it's a stupid investment lol

Buy a more expensive car. Problem solved :D